Shadowing & COVID hurting my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarouqi

Reaction score
Hey,

Hope everyone is staying safe. I'm applying this cycle and I know some of you might be on the same boat as I am but this whole COVID situation has me paranoid. Here are my stats

- 3.992 GPA overall
-Taking the OAT in July.
- 200hrs of volunteering experience at a hospital with direct patient interaction + Co-Founded an orientation program at Clevland Clinic where we mentor incoming volunteers.
- Volunteer coordinator for a college club (Spring 2020) - Treasurer (Fall 2020).
-16 hrs of shadowing with one optometrist (This is where I am worried, I shadowed the doctor pre-COVID, and right now the CDC guidelines are eliminating any chances of getting a shadowing experience).

I will be applying to NOVA, UAB, SUNY, & NECO. Do you think I have a shot with these sub-par shadowing hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely, and you'll probably get accepted to all programs. I wouldn't be concerned...

Don’t even worry about it lol. Do decent on your OAT exam and you’re golden. Your grades are great and you don’t have much to worry about. The volunteering definitely compensates and 16 hrs is shadowing still good.

Reactions: 1 user
I had only 20hrs of shadowing and got accepted to a couple of programs so you should be fine.