Shadowing help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caorlannriv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am asking my Primary care Physician if i can shadow her for a little while on my days off during holiday breaks. I am quite nervous to ask.
Any tips?:xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

You just have to get over being nervous. Be confident. Be respectful of the physician's time and position. Try not to be annoying. Other than that, I think you'll be fine. If you're close enough with your physician, asking them should be fine; otherwise ask the office manager.

I am asking my Primary care Physician if i can shadow her for a little while on my days off during holiday breaks. I am quite nervous to ask.
Any tips?:xf::xf:

Be professional and flexible. Remember, they are taking time out of their schedule to help you out. Other than that, be nice and confident! And don't blow steam up your caboose and you'll be all good. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any other back up plans for finding someone to let me shadow? I am just not sure where to find a doctor that will let me
In case she says no

Is there any other back up plans for finding someone to let me shadow? I am just not sure where to find a doctor that will let me
In case she says no

Email or call other physicians that are around town. It literally was a long hard ride to find a doctor that was willing to let me shadow. I tried my physician, Kaiser, but they had strict guidelines and wouldn't let me shadow due to contracts and such. But I did find one at a teaching hospital.

You can also ask her for recommendations and such!

Best places to look are private practices and teaching hospitals. Good luck

Thankyou!
I am worried that my PCP might not be able to because she works for Sacred Heart and im not sure how strict their guidelines are.