Shadowing Hour Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Back in 2011 (my freshman year) I shadowed a PCP, and COMPLETELY forgot about it. It should have clicked, but I was trying to take the MCAT, pump out PS drafts, and finish the semester strong. Long story short, I wanted to use the throwaway school idea, but a nearby school's adcom urged me to apply to their school. My MCAT score came back, and lets just say, they asked me to withdraw my application and apply next cycle :laugh:

My application is almost ready to go, but I am hesitant about submitting this shadowing experience. If I list this on my application this season, will it be a red flag? I feel like I am being a neurotic pre-med, but I don't want them to think "He must be falsifying information. Throw his app away!!" Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Back in 2011 (my freshman year) I shadowed a PCP, and COMPLETELY forgot about it. It should have clicked, but I was trying to take the MCAT, pump out PS drafts, and finish the semester strong. Long story short, I wanted to use the throwaway school idea, but a nearby school's adcom urged me to apply to their school. My MCAT score came back, and lets just say, they asked me to withdraw my application and apply next cycle :laugh:

My application is almost ready to go, but I am hesitant about submitting this shadowing experience. If I list this on my application this season, will it be a red flag? I feel like I am being a neurotic pre-med, but I don't want them to think "He must be falsifying information. Throw his app away!!" Any help would be appreciated.

I don't understand what the question is.......

Members don't see this ad :)