Shadowing in Atlanta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyhigh678

Reaction score
Hi there! I've been looking to shadow a doctor in the Atlanta area for a very long time. I've cold-called a ridiculous amount of offices and never receive a call back (even though the front desk receptionists take my name and number). If anyone knows of a doctor in the Atlanta/Fulton area that takes pre-med students for shadowing through cold-calling, I would really appreciate it if you could DM me and point me in the right direction. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Somewhat of a silly question, but have you asked your personal physician or previous pediatrician? When all other leads run cold, they can be a great resource to either help you directly or point you in the right direction.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor

Hi there! I've been looking to shadow a doctor in the Atlanta area for a very long time. I've cold-called a ridiculous amount of offices and never receive a call back (even though the front desk receptionists take my name and number). If anyone knows of a doctor in the Atlanta/Fulton area that takes pre-med students for shadowing through cold-calling, I would really appreciate it if you could DM me and point me in the right direction. Thanks! :)
You can try getting a scribe job - that will definitely force you to "shadow" a doc. I've had a similar experience to you, and the only docs I got to shadow were through direct connection (friends' parents or neighbors etc.) Another doc agreed to meet with me for 15-30 minutes and submitted an LOR for me.