Shadowing long term

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiteralLungs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have started shadowing a doctor. I have been asking after each session, "Can I come back on x date again?" I want to accumulate some hours, but I don't want to be pushy with the physician. I feel like I am an annoyance by asking to come again. What is the appropriate way to approach this? Should I tell them "I want to accumulate x hours, will that be okay?"

Members don't see this ad.

I have started shadowing a doctor. I have been asking after each session, "Can I come back on x date again?" I want to accumulate some hours, but I don't want to be pushy with the physician. I feel like I am an annoyance by asking to come again. What is the appropriate way to approach this? Should I tell them "I want to accumulate x hours, will that be okay?"
What kind of doc.? Maybe ask if the doc has a friend he can refer you to. If this one isn’t a primary care doc you need to find one to shadow. It sounds like you really aren’t comfortable in this situation. Don’t just accumulate hours to just accumulate hours. Find something different. And you only need around 50 hours of shadowing in total.

Reactions: 3 users