shadowing/LOR

Started by premeddo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premeddo

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a senario....a friend of mine is an MD. But he is R1. He has let me come along with him to "shadow" him at the hospital where he's at. My question is...can I actually get a LOR from him? He being my friend? Does it matter? I know I should try to get a LOR of a DO but I think the more the merrier? I would have one from an MD and one from a DO(try to get one)?

Im trying to get as much shadowing that I can, so that it will "look" good on my application! Plus I've enjoyed it! My friend lets me do more things that normally would not be able to do.

Thanks!