Shadowing or Research at UC Berkeley Extension?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

failure2launch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I took a few courses at UC Berkeley extension a couple of years ago (most of them online - only one in a classroom). Anyhow, I wasn't involved in the official pre-Health Professional post bac at the time, so I didn't seek out extracurriculars back then. I was thinking about going back to UC Berkeley for mostly 'on site' classes and completing the pre-Health certificate program. I was wondering, are research experiences ever offered? What about shadowing/volunteering experiences? Does UC Berkeley have any partnerships at medical clinics, for example? If not, how have others in the program managed to get these experiences for their med or vet school applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody have info on whether or not UC Berkeley Extension helps students gain extracurricular experiences such as shadowing or research. They will be starting up soon, and I need some help deciding whether or not they are worth my time...

I did my post bacc at Berkeley extension. once you're in the program, they give you access to their portal where they post a lot of links for available positions. they do not provide any further facilitation however -- you have to seek out the positions on your own. the flexibility of the program is great. however, the way the classes are organized (pretty much all night classes), it is hard to take more than four classes per semester (a lecture and a lab is counted as two separate classes). this was frustrating at times. on the flip side, the free time during the day allowed me to work and volunteer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile