shadowing thank you letters

Started by idoc2b
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

idoc2b

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it appropriate to send an email thank you note or should you send a thank you via mail?
thanks
 
idoc2b said:
Is it appropriate to send an email thank you note or should you send a thank you via mail?
thanks

Old school etiquette will always say send a thank you in the mail. An emailed thank you would possibly be appropriate only if sent to a very young doctor who has "grown up" with the web and even then I think you should still mail it. I think a hard-copy card will always be appreciated more than an e-card that will be deleted and forgotten almost immediately.
 
thanks. Do you think a card or a letter should be sent? I was thinking about sending a letter, but a card may be a better idea.


kgrabar said:
Old school etiquette will always say send a thank you in the mail. An emailed thank you would possibly be appropriate only if sent to a very young doctor who has "grown up" with the web and even then I think you should still mail it. I think a hard-copy card will always be appreciated more than an e-card that will be deleted and forgotten almost immediately.
 
idoc2b said:
thanks. Do you think a card or a letter should be sent? I was thinking about sending a letter, but a card may be a better idea.

You could buy a package of simply stated "Thank You" cards and include a nice handwritten note to send out to the Dr(s) you shadow and those that send your letters of recommendation. I waited until I knew where I was going to school to write my notes so I could thank them and give them the good news all at once.