shadowing thank you letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idoc2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it appropriate to send an email thank you note or should you send a thank you via mail?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

idoc2b said:
Is it appropriate to send an email thank you note or should you send a thank you via mail?
thanks

Old school etiquette will always say send a thank you in the mail. An emailed thank you would possibly be appropriate only if sent to a very young doctor who has "grown up" with the web and even then I think you should still mail it. I think a hard-copy card will always be appreciated more than an e-card that will be deleted and forgotten almost immediately.

thanks. Do you think a card or a letter should be sent? I was thinking about sending a letter, but a card may be a better idea.

kgrabar said:
Old school etiquette will always say send a thank you in the mail. An emailed thank you would possibly be appropriate only if sent to a very young doctor who has "grown up" with the web and even then I think you should still mail it. I think a hard-copy card will always be appreciated more than an e-card that will be deleted and forgotten almost immediately.

idoc2b said:
thanks. Do you think a card or a letter should be sent? I was thinking about sending a letter, but a card may be a better idea.

You could buy a package of simply stated "Thank You" cards and include a nice handwritten note to send out to the Dr(s) you shadow and those that send your letters of recommendation. I waited until I knew where I was going to school to write my notes so I could thank them and give them the good news all at once.