Shadowing-The Seven Stages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stage1. Scramble to find a practitioner to shadow because: a. private doc is non existent because: (1) preventive dentistry is overrated (2) $150 for the bi annual checkup is outrageous
Stage 2. Starting no later than day 5 into shadowing, start complaining that: shadowing is boring and there is nothing to to do except watch standing up
Stage 3. First amendment to original request to include assisting
Stage 4. Second amendment to original request to include being hired as dental assistant
Stage 5. Third amendment to original request to include a letter of recommendation
Stage 6. Obtain lor
Stage 7. Complain that lor: a. was not written the day after request for lor was made; b. lor was a dud since it did not include enough flattering comments

Members don't see this ad.

LMAO.... ahh the good doc does have a sense of humor

This post is so true haha. This covers a good 25% of the questions on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stage1. Scramble to find a practitioner to shadow because: a. private doc is non existent because: (1) preventive dentistry is overrated (2) $150 for the bi annual checkup is outrageous
Stage 2. Starting no later than day 5 into shadowing, start complaining that: shadowing is boring and there is nothing to to do except watch standing up
Stage 4. Second amendment to original request to include being hired as dental assistant
Stage 5. Third amendment to original request to include a letter of recommendation
Stage 6. Obtain lor
Stage 7. Complain that lor: a. was not written the day after request for lor was made; b. lor was a dud since it did not include enough flattering comments

1274225979752.gif

lol..awesome... i just observed for a week.... and i think i went through most of these stages in this short time only..lol.... exclude the dental assistant stage.... :)
Stage 6. Obtain lor

Stage 6. Obtain lor

Stage 8. Upon graduation of dental school, expect to be hired as an associate and, within a year, buy in as a partner.

When do we ask for a free cleaning?

When do we ask for a free cleaning?

I was part of a new diagnadent demonstration, and the machine picked up a cavity so small that they did the work on it for free right there. That's what I get for being embarassed in front of a crowd that my teeth aren't perfect.