Shadowing

Started by pharmer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmer

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in my second to last year of a doctorate of pharmacy program, and have interned in a ambulatory pharmacy setting for the last 3 years. Interning there has provided me with great patient contact, as well as provided me with experience in interacting with nurses and physicians. I am wanting to go on directly to medical school after I graduate in May of 2003 but I haven't shadowed a doctor yet. So I was curious as to how important all you guys who post here on SDN think it is to actually shadow a doctor? For those of you who have done this, how did you go about finding a doctor that would let you tag-along? In addition, do you guys think Adcomms. would still be open to an applicant that has not shadowed a doctor per se but has clinical experience like that mentioned above instead?

Thank you for any replies!!