Shame, shame, shame...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh::laugh: I was really just using that as an example, it got blown up pretty quick though. NO, I wouldn't just use it in any case. I'm saying that if it WAS needed and there was someone there capable of administering the dose (ie nurse like in the video or a family member familiar with caring for the patient) then I would let them use the Diastat if they needed it. Hell no I'm not dropping someones pants and jamming something up their ***. I guess I should have clarified that a bit :D.

I know what my independent clinical problems class will be this fall - learning how to administer diastat with RxWildcat as the fake patient...I'll get DrP to be the professor in charge. Sign up now kiddos...space is limited! :D

They'll have to put a cot in 223 so you can lie on your stomach during lecture...or maybe you can just stretch out on that table in the back...because you might not be able to sit down for the first few weeks of class while we perfect our technique. :smuggrin:

And b/c we're so high class at the COP we don't have REAL diastat. What we have is a 100 mL syringe full of cold KY jelly. Or cold Lipoil. Or MaJones baby's applesauce...whatever was lying around the PCL when TMac made the "simulated diastat." I swear I have NO idea how that hotsauce got into the syringe. Blame M.DF.

This class is gonna be AWESOME! :laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Well since we are all masters of gynecopharmacy already, I guess diastat is of course the next logical thing to learn. Oh, I may forget to use lube when I'm practicing on my fake pt but it depends on if they accidentally throw a little redhot in the mix :D. We'll call it a bonding experience either way ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ambulance rides are expensive. I was in a car accident a couple of years ago, and the ride alone was $550. I was semi-conscious so I needed to go, but I don't equate ambulance rides with a taxi like a lot of people do.

Thats nothing I was in a car accident a couple months ago and ambulance ride was $1500 dollars and ER bill was $7000, and all I got was some quick xrays, scans, and stiches. It was the fastest ER visit recorded I think. Less than an hour an a half.

Thats nothing I was in a car accident a couple months ago and ambulance ride was $1500 dollars and ER bill was $7000, and all I got was some quick xrays, scans, and stiches. It was the fastest ER visit recorded I think. Less than an hour an a half.
I live in the economic drain called Louisiana. I guess they just charge less down here, because we're all poor?

Ambulance rides are no joke. They're expensive regardless of the location.

Jeez louise, people have missed the point!

It's not about whose clinical knowledge is more than somebody else's---it's about some Walgreens manager dickhead who took the company policy (of squeezing every dime from the customer) way too far.

Some other poster mentioned something about tension between managers and pharmacy staff. Don't know if this is true in many stores, but some managers are encouraged by corporate to meddle with the pharmacy end---esp. in "fair scheduling" and other crap.

It's all about the almighty dollar for Walgreens. How else can you afford to put a Walgreens on every corner?

:eek:

My daughter went to hospital in an ambulance a couple of years ago when somebody kicked a soccer ball that hit her head and bounced it against a metal window frame (lots of blood, stitches).

The ambulance ride cost $54.

Some other poster mentioned something about tension between managers and pharmacy staff.
I've worked in many stores and it depends on the personalities of the people involved.

That manager seemed to have lost all perspective. Or maybe he was looking to catch the eye of corporate, moving up that ladder, and it backfired on him.

Orange juice??? I thought you're not allowed to give them OJ because that would send them from one extreme to another.

Hypoglycemia can kill you...the OJ will kill you only if you drown or are allergic to it. Which is the better option?

I don't know for the US protocol...
But here if a diabetic patient turns out to be uncouncious due to hypoglycemia we administer Glucagon injection...and the pharmacy being there... how perfect? unless the lady had it in her possesion...
As for administering sugar and OJ to unconcious pt???; seems like adrenaline rush to the brain clouded the critical thinking skills of that nurse.

Then again... I don't know for rules and regulations down there.. but as a practicing nurse in ontario we are required by law to stop and intervene in emergency situations like this...otherwise if we didnt and they knew we were credited to offer help we'd be sued big time...