-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Share you clinical experiences here
Started by PTapp
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got hit on by a retired priest. I'm a dude.
Literally laughing out loud. Thank you, Smerf, for making my day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got hit on by a retired priest. I'm a dude.
Bwaahaaaahhaaaha😆+ AHaaaaaaahaaaaaaah🤣=

Please continue this thread!
A patient called my CI a sadist and called me a sadist in training.. which is completely uncalled for but we both laughed.
"sadism" noun1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
3. Extreme cruelty.
Yikes!
"sadism" noun1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
3. Extreme cruelty.
Yikes!
I heard this a lot when volunteering.A patient called my CI a sadist and called me a sadist in training.. which is completely uncalled for but we both laughed.
"sadism" noun1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
3. Extreme cruelty.
Yikes!
A patient called my CI a sadist and called me a sadist in training.. which is completely uncalled for but we both laughed.
"sadism" noun1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
3. Extreme cruelty.
Yikes!
Some patients clearly seem to desire this type of therapist and seem to expect it, regardless of whether or not their therapist is one who seems to buy into the "no pain, no gain" philosophy (which, has never made any sense to me).
Some of you may have seen/observed those therapists that seem to cause more pain for their patients than others. I have never been able to rectify how, when a patient comes to me with a primary issue of pain, it then makes sense to reproduce their symptoms or make them more uncomfortable.
lol!(82 yo male pt): While pointing his finger at me "There's something wrong with you... I don't know exactly what it is, but there's definitely something wrong with you... "
Me: lol.
pt: Falls asleep...
Subacute setting.
I had a patient try to hook me up with her grandson. While he was in the room. We both were pretty embarrassed when she told me that, while she couldn't confirm his current state, as a baby he had a very big penis for his size.
I had one women credit me for saving her life. Her doctors performed miracles on her. I just gave her some positive encouragement afterwards and some basic ther ex that got her up and walking within a week (which was completely expected). Yet I was the hero and the doctors were idiots.
Can't wait for my next placement to start!
I had one women credit me for saving her life. Her doctors performed miracles on her. I just gave her some positive encouragement afterwards and some basic ther ex that got her up and walking within a week (which was completely expected). Yet I was the hero and the doctors were idiots.
Can't wait for my next placement to start!
An older man tried to tip me $5 after taking him through his exercises.....
Nice! So THIS is how we are going to pay off our student loans quickly! 🙂
An older man tried to tip me $5 after taking him through his exercises.....
Lol, healthcare does share some similarities (and differences, of course) with the service industry.
I had people tip me from time to time when I sold musical instruments in retail... This was even though a portion of my salary was on commission and no tipping structure setup.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
L
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K