Other OT-Related Information Share your OT preparation and application angst

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureOTRL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd start this thread for people to vent about the OT application process. You can write about worries, taking pre reqs, competition, LORs, GREs, volunteering, etc etc.

I am currently in my first (and only) choice of MOT program now. But boy, do I remember how worried I was during the whole few years process.

I was so stressed out I got shingles the month I was supposed to take the GREs. Only got 3 hours of sleep before the GREs because I was in so much pain. During the four test that started at 8 am, I was in pain.

Members don't see this ad.

What are your stats and where do you go, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still new to this process and plan on applying for the next cycle once I finish most prereqs.

What are your stats and where do you go, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still new to this process and plan on applying for the next cycle once I finish most prereqs.

Hello,

3.6 overall GPA and 3.8 prereqs
GRE 163 v 151 Q and AWA 5
250 observation hours
I am an in-state student at 1 of 2 public OT school in my state (5k a semester). This year was the most competitive year.
I also have a variety of school leadership paid work experience

Members don't see this ad :)
The answer to this question may vary depending on the program but just in case anybody has any insight on retaking prerequisites...
How bad does it look to retake a prereq at a Community College when the first try was at University?

Going off of AFOTs question above..... How bad does it look to have both anatomy and physiology in progress at the time of applying. I am applying now and am hoping some programs will consider me during their rolling admissions before December