Sharing A Hotel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poiu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread specifically for this.

Anyone interviewing at MWU- AZ on 11/28 that would like to share a hotel either night of Nov 27 or 28th?

Or Nova night of 11/3?

PM me

Members don't see this ad.

On one thread I read months ago, I heard that hotel sharing gives your competition the opportunity to sabotage (shut off your alarm clock, spill coffee on your clothes, etc...). Are you willing to take that chance?!?

On one thread I read months ago, I heard that hotel sharing gives your competition the opportunity to sabotage (shut off your alarm clock, spill coffee on your clothes, etc...). Are you willing to take that chance?!?

damn thats low

super sad if true.

Members don't see this ad :)
In all honesty, I think some people are that desperate. I have enough confidence in myself that I don't need to be so unethical. If anyone does do this, then I don't think they have the right to enter any professional field.

Just be careful... In the end, we are all strangers. Don't trust strangers too much... You hear about some crazy stuff on TV about murders and stuff. Also, I agree with what others said. Some people are just crazy desperate.

If you DO end up sharing a hotel with someone, please do your research on the person (AKA, their facebook...haha) and TELL PEOPLE details about who they are and where you are staying in case they harm you.

Heaven forbid.

I was being a tad facetious when I said that. But I would definitely not respect your sleep time if you had a problem with me practicing my interview at 3am. Nor would I speed up my shower or bathroom time if you were running late for your interview.

Hopefully you don't share a room with someone like me. Interview day is my day. Game on.

I was being a tad facetious when I said that. But I would definitely not respect your sleep time if you had a problem with me practicing my interview at 3am. Nor would I speed up my shower or bathroom time if you were running late for your interview.

Hopefully you don't share a room with someone like me. Interview day is my day. Game on.

ugh.gif

I would not share a hotel room. We already (should have) anticipated travel costs when we applied. Why take a risk?

one of my friends met his current fiancee through sharing a room for a dental school interview. they were in the same group together and had such an amazing time that day, they were both accepted!

one of my friends met his current fiancee through sharing a room for a dental school interview. they were in the same group together and had such an amazing time that day, they were both accepted!

brave girl.
or the guy must be very handsome,
or both

thanks for the input, i'll take this into consideration :)

i have a tendency to risk my personal safety, you should hear my stories of what i've gotten myself into before, guess i'll be going at the hotels solo (and hoping my alarm clock doesn't sabatoge itself.) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

That is when you confront them in the middle of their own interview. How will it look if the said saboteur is confronted on such charges in front of the adcoms? If your going to miss the interview anyway you might as well take the sucker down with you. Anyway does anything like that ever really happen? Seems like a cheap trick that would be used by an under qualified applicant.

Last edited:
Lol if I shared a room and someone tried to do the things amalgamgrillz said I'd beat him up. A real gunner would be smart and do things discreetly like shut off my alarm and leave. Anyways I think this is an Sdn rumour and doubt people would stoop that low. Plus cant u get hotel services to call and wake u up?

find other health professional schools in the area or the same school you are interviewing at , and post in their forum. Nova has a D.O school, a PT school, and other schools. Post in their forums, this solves the problem of competition.

Okay. So we can probably rule out sharing a room. A real gunner would just arrive to the interview early and sniper everyone in the parking lot anyway.

What are the thoughts on ride sharing? You know, for those places that are really impossible to go without a rental car. For an under-25-er, the car will cost as much as a room and perhaps more.

What are the thoughts on ride sharing? You know, for those places that are really impossible to go without a rental car. For an under-25-er, the car will cost as much as a room and perhaps more.

This is even more dangerous.

That gunner can just stop at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, give you money to pay for the gas, and then drive off.

And since he knows that you are under 25 and need his help, you feel even more obligated to do what he says.

This is even more dangerous.

That gunner can just stop at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, give you money to pay for the gas, and then drive off.

And since he knows that you are under 25 and need his help, you feel even more obligated to do what he says.

lol you guys should trust others a little bit more. I agree that the world is full of bs but have hope.

Theoretically, don't you think that under-25 poor soul isn't going to call school and report this? if DS know the gunner do such thing, they will kick him out asap.
That being said, i am not sharing a room with someone unless i know that person very well. :D

Should I pack my own lunch too? How do I know someone I'm interviewing with doesn't have a buddy in the kitchen dishing out the poison? Or maybe I'll just avoid the soups.

:banana:

Should I pack my own lunch too? How do I know someone I'm interviewing with doesn't have a buddy in the kitchen dishing out the poison? Or maybe I'll just avoid the soups.

I don't think gunners would poison your food. That's just unethical. But I might nudge someone while they're eating and have them spill something on their interview attire....accidentally, of course.

I don't think gunners would poison your food. That's just unethical. But I might nudge someone while they're eating and have them spill something on their interview attire....accidentally, of course.

Lol, looks like you don't mind people accidentally punching you in the face.

That's where my funeral-black, heavily-treated polyester suit comes into play. You can lob a spoonful of the soup of the day at me and it's going to whisk right off me like a Rain-X commercial.

Lol, looks like you don't mind people accidentally punching you in the face.

Of course not! Everyone knows pity can go a long way. Plus, that would get the competition kicked out and make me Bi-winning.

Of course not! Everyone knows pity can go a long way. Plus, that would get the competition kicked out and make me Bi-winning.

You're quite the competitor!

But still, it'll be hard to take someone with a black eye and/or missing teeth seriously if I was an interviewer.

I'm quite sure that no competitive dental school applicant who is intelligent enough would bluntly punch you in the face, rather he/she would probably employ the following tactic.

You: Why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face?
Attacker: Yeah, hold still. There is a fly on your cheek.
wmface_slap_in_slow_motion.jpg

Attacker: D@!n, I missed it!

Sharing a hotel room with a stranger just sounds like a bad idea.

Unless it's LetsGo2DSchool.

I require a 2"x2" head shot to be submitted before I agree to sharing a room. And your post count has to be more than 100 on SDN. Totally safe!

I require a 2"x2" head shot to be submitted before I agree to sharing a room. And your post count has to be more than 100 on SDN. Totally safe!

Possibly a SSN and a background check also.