Sharing "Question Style" notes for all AAMC topics

Mar 22, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all, Hope all is well. Due to life, I had to delay the MCAT for longer than expected. I was finally able to take it today July 7th. I have used a lot of the info shared by others here during my exam prep and wanted to give back to the community. These are "Question Style" notes I made for each topic mentioned on the AAMC's "What's on the MCAT Exam?" using Altius's outline (link below) as a template, using TBR, UWorld, EK and NS FL Exams, as well as all the AAMC Material (except flashcards). A few quick notes:
1) Everyone learns differently. I typed notes this way because since college I have always preferred question-answer style notes like this rather than traditional notes. I made all of these questions myself based on things I read, material I practiced, topics I felt were my weaknesses, etc.
2) I took this exam four years after graduating college, so I read through textbooks to re-learn a lot of the material. Due to this, a lot of my notes have an insane amount of detail, 99% of which won't appear on the MCAT.
3) I wrote these notes for me, so I apologize if many of the sentences, etc. don't make sense. There's going to be a ton of run-on sentences since that's how I think. I read through these a couple of times, most recently the last week before my exam, so I apologize in advance if there are any errors.
4) Wrote my questions for AAMC FL #1, but never got around to doing the answers for that.

Biochem/Bio - Based on Lehninger's Principles of Biochem, Silverthorn's Human Physiology, TBR Bio, Uworld, EK FL exams 1-4, NS FL exams 1-6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Mz2UIri8v8GjxOukRanAs5eq5PNFxKBJBxbbbEolIo/edit?usp=sharing

Chemistry/Physics - Based on Carey's Organic Chem, Giancoli's Physics, NOVA Physics, TBR Gen Chem/Orgo/Physics, UWorld, EK FL Exams 1-4, NS FL exams 1-6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q54B8pzXz-K0rpP9I94ZapXAIXiaYjfmf-h5T6Gv07Y/edit?usp=sharing

Psych/Sociology - Based on Khan 300 pg doc, all KA practice passages, TPRH psych/soc, UWorld, EK FL Exams 1-4, NS FL exams 1-6 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pk6Lyvr__jg_8RK4AEZ8J73gBEh9uolL0YFtcJo3YJI/edit?usp=sharing

AAMC - Based on AAMC Section Banks (first pass), AAMC Official Guide Questions, AAMC QPs, AAMC FL Exams 1-4 + Sample, AAMC Section Banks (second pass). Copy of AAMC to know

Chem/Physics + some b/b cheatsheet of formulas, etc.

Hope this was helpful. If I did well on the exam I will update this with a bit more info on what I did to prepare. Take care

Altius MCAT outline - Improved AAMC MCAT-2015 Topics List

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Mar 22, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Oops, I realize I never followed up on this.

I was fortunate to receive a 522 (132 C/P, 127 CARS, 132 B/B, 131 P/S) on the exam. Coming out of the exam, I was confident I received 132s on both C/P and B/B because there was nothing I had not seen before.

If people are interested, I can write up what I did to prepare.

Take care,
Black doc

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Startingover123

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2019
Oops, I realize I never followed up on this.

I was fortunate to receive a 522 (132 C/P, 127 CARS, 132 B/B, 131 P/S) on the exam. Coming out of the exam, I was confident I received 132s on both C/P and B/B because there was nothing I had not seen before.

If people are interested, I can write up what I did to prepare.

Take care,
Black doc
I would love to hear any advice or wisdom you can share. Amazing scores congrats.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.