Sharing "Question Style" notes for all AAMC topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Blackdoc.5

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Hope all is well. Due to life, I had to delay the MCAT for longer than expected. I was finally able to take it today July 7th. I have used a lot of the info shared by others here during my exam prep and wanted to give back to the community. These are "Question Style" notes I made for each topic mentioned on the AAMC's "What's on the MCAT Exam?" using Altius's outline (link below) as a template, using TBR, UWorld, EK and NS FL Exams, as well as all the AAMC Material (except flashcards). A few quick notes:
1) Everyone learns differently. I typed notes this way because since college I have always preferred question-answer style notes like this rather than traditional notes. I made all of these questions myself based on things I read, material I practiced, topics I felt were my weaknesses, etc.
2) I took this exam four years after graduating college, so I read through textbooks to re-learn a lot of the material. Due to this, a lot of my notes have an insane amount of detail, 99% of which won't appear on the MCAT.
3) I wrote these notes for me, so I apologize if many of the sentences, etc. don't make sense. There's going to be a ton of run-on sentences since that's how I think. I read through these a couple of times, most recently the last week before my exam, so I apologize in advance if there are any errors.
4) Wrote my questions for AAMC FL #1, but never got around to doing the answers for that.

Biochem/Bio - Based on Lehninger's Principles of Biochem, Silverthorn's Human Physiology, TBR Bio, Uworld, EK FL exams 1-4, NS FL exams 1-6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Mz2UIri8v8GjxOukRanAs5eq5PNFxKBJBxbbbEolIo/edit?usp=sharing

Chemistry/Physics - Based on Carey's Organic Chem, Giancoli's Physics, NOVA Physics, TBR Gen Chem/Orgo/Physics, UWorld, EK FL Exams 1-4, NS FL exams 1-6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q54B8pzXz-K0rpP9I94ZapXAIXiaYjfmf-h5T6Gv07Y/edit?usp=sharing

Psych/Sociology - Based on Khan 300 pg doc, all KA practice passages, TPRH psych/soc, UWorld, EK FL Exams 1-4, NS FL exams 1-6 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pk6Lyvr__jg_8RK4AEZ8J73gBEh9uolL0YFtcJo3YJI/edit?usp=sharing

AAMC - Based on AAMC Section Banks (first pass), AAMC Official Guide Questions, AAMC QPs, AAMC FL Exams 1-4 + Sample, AAMC Section Banks (second pass). Copy of AAMC to know

Chem/Physics + some b/b cheatsheet of formulas, etc.

Hope this was helpful. If I did well on the exam I will update this with a bit more info on what I did to prepare. Take care

Altius MCAT outline - Improved AAMC MCAT-2015 Topics List

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Oops, I realize I never followed up on this.

I was fortunate to receive a 522 (132 C/P, 127 CARS, 132 B/B, 131 P/S) on the exam. Coming out of the exam, I was confident I received 132s on both C/P and B/B because there was nothing I had not seen before.

If people are interested, I can write up what I did to prepare.

Take care,
Black doc

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Oops, I realize I never followed up on this.

I was fortunate to receive a 522 (132 C/P, 127 CARS, 132 B/B, 131 P/S) on the exam. Coming out of the exam, I was confident I received 132s on both C/P and B/B because there was nothing I had not seen before.

If people are interested, I can write up what I did to prepare.

Take care,
Black doc
I would love to hear any advice or wisdom you can share. Amazing scores congrats.