Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kngvt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed at Shenandoah on the 13th heard back from them yet? I got the e-mail yesterday that I was accepted, just curious if anyone else has!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed at Shenandoah on the 13th heard back from them yet? I got the e-mail yesterday that I was accepted, just curious if anyone else has!

Hey that is great kngvt!
I went to the 1/13 interview. I haven’t heard anything….They said the majority of the acceptance letters will go out in mid-late February. That’s great you who so early!

Hey that is great kngvt!
I went to the 1/13 interview. I haven’t heard anything….They said the majority of the acceptance letters will go out in mid-late February. That’s great you who so early!

heard* not you

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there on the 13th. Haven't heard anything yet. kngvt, it's amazing you got such a quick response. Congrats! Do you think you will end up going to SU?

I was there on the 13th. Haven't heard anything yet. kngvt, it's amazing you got such a quick response. Congrats! Do you think you will end up going to SU?

Thanks! It was one of my top choices. The faculty seems great, the students I talked to enjoy the program and said the hybrid model actually works really well, so it seems like it may be my best option. I haven't sent in my deposit yet but I will most likely be attending in the fall!

Good luck to everyone I hope you hear soon!

I was at that interview day as well and was accepted on Tuesday! It is not my top choice school but I havent heard back from any other schools yet, so as of now its the only school I have been accepted to! Which campus were you accepted to?

I was at that interview day as well and was accepted on Tuesday! It is not my top choice school but I havent heard back from any other schools yet, so as of now its the only school I have been accepted to! Which campus were you accepted to?

I think since it is so early, both campuses are an option, I got accepted to both. I think I am going to accept at the Winchester campus. It's a little further of a drive but I think having the year 2 students as mentors would be really beneficial. Where were you accepted?

I was accepted to the Leesburg campus! Which I'm really excited about because I'm from Chicago so it would be nice for me to be closer to DC and other bigger areas, I'm not one for living in small towns or more rural areas. And I also think that the campus there will have a little better technology and opportunities since it will be brand new.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to the Leesburg campus! Which I'm really excited about because I'm from Chicago so it would be nice for me to be closer to DC and other bigger areas, I'm not one for living in small towns or more rural areas. And I also think that the campus there will have a little better technology and opportunities since it will be brand new.

I thought about that too! I haven't decided for sure yet, I'd like to see the new campus but I'm not sure if the OT facility is finished yet. Let me know if you end up accepting!

Hi guys! I know this is way after the fact but I was also accepted the day after the interview on 1/13! I assume you all got an email, but did you get anything in the mail yet in regards to accepting the offer? I haven't gotten anything and just wanna make sure I didn't miss something!

I have not recieved anything in the mail yet, but was told it would be here shortly after I got accepted on the 14th. So i was a little worried as well, im glad to hear im not the only one who hasnt gotten it yet. She said we have a month from the date of the letter, so I want to get the letter soon so I know how much time I have to decide! What campus did you get accepted to?! Will you be accepting, or are you still waiting on other schools?

I got into the Winchester campus! Maybe they're just going to send ours out when they send everyones after the 2nd round of interviews and all decisions are made, which is kind of good that way there is some more time to get more acceptances in, but I'm just waiting on one school and if I don't get in there then Shenandoah it will be!

Let me know when you recieve the letter and I'll do the same, so we know when to expect it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my letter last week sometime! I forget which day exactly, but I know the letter was dated January 31st. It just asks you to send your response back with a deposit

Anyone else hear back from shenandoah, anyone from the February interviews?

Anyone else hear back from shenandoah, anyone from the February interviews?

I haven't heard anything from them about an interview or the status of my application. I had contacted the admissions coordinator and I never got a response. Do you know if there was a February interview?

I still haven't heard anything. They did say it could be late February before we do get any decisions. Does anybody know why their board pass rate for first time test-takers dropped to 62% in 2010?

I still haven't heard anything. They did say it could be late February before we do get any decisions. Does anybody know why their board pass rate for first time test-takers dropped to 62% in 2010?
Hey i am not completely certain with Shenandoah….but

from a few other schools I heard the NBCOT format was changed at one point. Students had to change how they were studying for the test/and the teachers had to change how they were testing the students. If you see a lull in some schools for 1 year…that might be the reason.

Hey i am not completely certain with Shenandoah….but

from a few other schools I heard the NBCOT format was changed at one point. Students had to change how they were studying for the test/and the teachers had to change how they were testing the students. If you see a lull in some schools for 1 year…that might be the reason.

Good point. According to an article from Advance Heathcare Network "Passing the New NBCOT Exam," by Rita Fleming-Castaldy, the exam was changed in January of 2009. It states, "for the first 1,100 first-time test takers (new graduates), the passing average fell to 73.7 percent, with a failure rate of 26.3 percent..."

Url for the article is below:

http://occupational-therapy.advanceweb.com/archives/article-archives/passing-the-new-nbcot-exam.aspx

I received an email this morning saying I am on the alternate list.

I had an interview with Shenandoah on February 3rd and was accepted. Students that applied to the Leesburg and the Winchester campus were both there interviewing. I have not decided which school I will attend but am leaning toward Shenandoah because I like the hybrid curriculum. Those who haven't heard back, hang in there!

I got waitlisted as well. I'm curious how many students are actually on the waitlist and why only some applicants were interviewed and others were not. I'm a bit bummed on what's going on

I had an interview with Shenandoah on February 3rd and was accepted. Students that applied to the Leesburg and the Winchester campus were both there interviewing. I have not decided which school I will attend but am leaning toward Shenandoah because I like the hybrid curriculum. Those who haven't heard back, hang in there!

Have you decided whether or not you are attending Shenandoah? I sent my deposit in already so I definitely am!

I was originally wait listed and received notification today that I was accepted!

I recently applied to Shenandoah's OT program for Fall 2015. For those who are current students, how do you like it so far?

I was just accepted! I never had an interview though.. .?

Awesome, congrats! Are you planning on attending?

Awesome, congrats! Are you planning on attending?

Thank you!! You too :) it's my second choice. I am still waiting to hear back from Chatham. Shenandoah has a nice program, but Chatham is a lot cheaper and only 25 minutes from where I live. So I think attending there would be best for me. But if I don't get accepted I will be attending Shenandoah in Winchester!

I was accepted to the Northern Virginia campus. Have you gotten your packet in the mail yet?

I was accepted to the Northern Virginia campus. Have you gotten your packet in the mail yet?
Oh okay! No I haven't. I got an email on Thursday telling me I was accepted and needed to designate which campus I will attend and then they said I'd get a letter in the mail.

Ohhh gotchya, so how come you picked winchester?

Ohhh gotchya, so how come you picked winchester?

There's no specific reason really. Winchester seems like a cute little town and the rent is a lot cheaper. Also, the Northern Virginia campus isn't accredited yet. Although I'm sure it will be soon!

There's no specific reason really. Winchester seems like a cute little town and the rent is a lot cheaper. Also, the Northern Virginia campus isn't accredited yet. Although I'm sure it will be soon!

Do you know when you hear back from Chatham?

Do you know when you hear back from Chatham?
I had my interview November 15, and they said we would hear back within 3 weeks. I am hoping I will hear back tomorrow or Tuesday since they will be on break for Thanksgiving the rest of the week, but who knows! I'm tired of waiting lol

I had my interview November 15, and they said we would hear back within 3 weeks. I am hoping I will hear back tomorrow or Tuesday since they will be on break for Thanksgiving the rest of the week, but who knows! I'm tired of waiting lol

Plus it would be nice to hear back before you have to put a deposit down on Shenandoah!

I'm an MSOT student at SU (I'm a Year 2 student, so I am at Winchester), and I see no reason to worry about the NoVA campus, as it's all the same faculty, department director, etc. Program and curriculum is the same; they will probably just hire some new faculty to staff only that campus from now on, as they are able. I wouldn't consider their "candidate" status as a deterrent, as it's merely an off-shoot of another accredited program that's been around since the '90s. Winchester is cute, but there's not a lot out there, though it is cheaper. I live in towards DC (have been there fore a decade), and I wish the Leesburg campus had opened a year earlier! It's right along a major Route, with tons of stuff around, but yes, it's more expensive to live east of the mountains.

I'm an MSOT student at SU (I'm a Year 2 student, so I am at Winchester), and I see no reason to worry about the NoVA campus, as it's all the same faculty, department director, etc. Program and curriculum is the same; they will probably just hire some new faculty to staff only that campus from now on, as they are able. I wouldn't consider their "candidate" status as a deterrent, as it's merely an off-shoot of another accredited program that's been around since the '90s. Winchester is cute, but there's not a lot out there, though it is cheaper. I live in towards DC (have been there fore a decade), and I wish the Leesburg campus had opened a year earlier! It's right along a major Route, with tons of stuff around, but yes, it's more expensive to live east of the mountains.

That's exactly why I am not worried about it not being accredited yet. I am also worried about the cost of living in Leesburg.. was just checking out apartments. Nothing under $1000, eek!

Plus it would be nice to hear back before you have to put a deposit down on Shenandoah!
Exactly! I want to hear back asap from Chatham so I can make a decision.

How do you like the program?!

how did you guys find out about Shenandoah? email?

Exactly! I want to hear back asap from Chatham so I can make a decision.
Have you visited the campus? I have to plan a visit down there sometime in the next month or two.

Have you visited the campus? I have to plan a visit down there sometime in the next month or two.
No not yet. I'm still completing my undergraduate degree, so I'm in school full time. If I don't get into Chatham I will probably visit over my Christmas break! Are you going to attend?