Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No not yet. I'm still completing my undergraduate degree, so I'm in school full time. If I don't get into Chatham I will probably visit over my Christmas break! Are you going to attend?

I am not sure. I am waiting to hear back from the other schools I applied to and then I will decide. I will be sending in my deposit though so as of right now I will be attending lol

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure. I am waiting to hear back from the other schools I applied to and then I will decide. I will be sending in my deposit though so as of right now I will be attending lol
Well congrats! Too bad you aren't going to Winchester :( I will be on the hunt for a roomie if I end up attending!

Reactions: 1 user
Well congrats! Too bad you aren't going to Winchester :( I will be on the hunt for a roomie if I end up attending!

Hi, I was also accepted into SU and will be attending Winchester campus, it's been a lot of work to get to this point. Congratulations to all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I am in my first year of OT school at JMU down Harrisonburg Va, which is an hour away from Winchester. Last year, I spent a lot of time on these forums and I still like to take a look every once in a while. Congrats on getting into Shenandoah! I met one of the faculty members at a OT conference last month and she was awesome!

I thought, I'd let you know that there is currently a room available in my townhouse for next year. I will be living with 2 other OT students in my class at JMU and we're hoping to find another grad student to live with us. Currently, one of my room mates is in the class ahead of me and it's been really cool living with someone who a step further along to becoming an OT. I think it would be really neat to live with someone at a different OT school as different programs bring different perspectives. This would involve an hour commute to Winchester for class, but Harrisonburg is also a neat little town. Since Shenandoah is a hybrid school, the program only meets one day a week and it isn't uncommon for students to commute a couple hours to go to school.

Let me know if you are interested in getting more information and have any questions about Virginia. I have lived in this state for 16 years and have a few classmates who grew up in Winchester.

I saw that you are hoping to get into Chatham and I hope you do too! Good Luck!

Has anyone received their official letter of acceptance in the mail yet? I still haven't gotten mine.

Has anyone received their official letter of acceptance in the mail yet? I still haven't gotten mine.

I emailed Lisa Burrow on Tuesday to make sure she received my email response about possibly attending Winchester and she never answered. I never got anything in the mail (and still haven't) so I was worried she maybe didn't get my email. I won't be attending because I got accepted into my first choice. But, I will still let you know if I get anything in the mail from them!

I am in my first year of OT school at JMU down Harrisonburg Va, which is an hour away from Winchester. Last year, I spent a lot of time on these forums and I still like to take a look every once in a while. Congrats on getting into Shenandoah! I met one of the faculty members at a OT conference last month and she was awesome!

I thought, I'd let you know that there is currently a room available in my townhouse for next year. I will be living with 2 other OT students in my class at JMU and we're hoping to find another grad student to live with us. Currently, one of my room mates is in the class ahead of me and it's been really cool living with someone who a step further along to becoming an OT. I think it would be really neat to live with someone at a different OT school as different programs bring different perspectives. This would involve an hour commute to Winchester for class, but Harrisonburg is also a neat little town. Since Shenandoah is a hybrid school, the program only meets one day a week and it isn't uncommon for students to commute a couple hours to go to school.

Let me know if you are interested in getting more information and have any questions about Virginia. I have lived in this state for 16 years and have a few classmates who grew up in Winchester.

I saw that you are hoping to get into Chatham and I hope you do too! Good Luck!

Thank you for letting me know! I really appreciate it. I actually got accepted into Chatham on Wednesday, so I will be attending there instead. Good luck with your roommate search! Thank you though. :)

Has anyone received their official acceptance letter in the mail yet?

Has anyone received their official acceptance letter in the mail yet?
No, have you? I emailed someone and they said they're really backed up. She thought they'd go oht this week but I never got mine.

No, have you? I emailed someone and they said they're really backed up. She thought they'd go oht this week but I never got mine.

No I have not either, I was told that they would have been sent out this week as well. Things must be pretty busy then.

No I have not either, I was told that they would have been sent out this week as well. Things must be pretty busy then.
I was wondering if they would even send the mail before Christmas. Because then we wouldn't have only two weeks to send the deposit in and we can't really do that during the holidays you know. I think it's either thatthey send it out now or possibly after the holidays. I don't know just a thought.

I'm fine with them sending it out whenever, I was just worried that I had been mistakenly skipped. That doesn't seem to be the case, but I'll still probably check with them next week.

I'm fine with them sending it out whenever, I was just worried that I had been mistakenly skipped. That doesn't seem to be the case, but I'll still probably check with them next week.
Yeah I thought the same thing! I don't mind either... it just seems like it's taking forever

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I got mine too, dated 12/11 so I guess it needs to be sent out before Christmas!

As of right now, yes. Still waiting to hear from other schools.

Anymore info on people that have gotten accepted? I just got accepted into the Leesburg campus today!

Anymore info on people that have gotten accepted? I just got accepted into the Leesburg campus today!

Did you interview? I've sent in my deposit and acceptance response as well.

Did you interview? I've sent in my deposit and acceptance response as well.
I didn't have an interview. I've only gotten the acceptance email but I'll be sending mine in as soon as I get the letter.

Has anyone else received anything in the mail/email after you've submitted your acceptance deposit? I got my acceptance mid January and sent in my deposit at the beginning of February. I received my web log-in, but I'm just wondering if there is going to be an accepted students open house, what dates orientation will be in August, financial aid packages, etc.

How long did it take you to get your letter in the mail? I got the acceptance email last Wednesday and haven't gotten the letter yet.

Anybody know anything about the waitlist? I got an email in January telling me that I am on the alternate list, but I have no idea what the odds are of getting in from there. I did not have an interview, if that makes any difference. Just got an email telling me I'm an alternate. So far my only acceptance is Tufts, which is awesome, but would mean relocating my family. If I got into the program at Shenandoah it would be workable from DC.

How long did it take you to get your letter in the mail? I got the acceptance email last Wednesday and haven't gotten the letter yet.

It took my letter a good 2-3 weeks before I received it in the mail.

Korman621, did you ever find anything out about this question? I would like to know if there is an open house date as well

I contacted Financial Aid, they said my aid package would be mailed to me by the end of April. I also emailed Linda Burrow in regards to my other questions and she responded with: "You will receive information about orientation dates and other OT related information sometime in late spring or early summer from the OT program. "

Hopefully this means sooner rather than later.

Okay, Thanks for the info! Yeah, I was kind of hoping there would be an open house of some sort for accepted students, since the only open house they have is just a general info session. Hopefully they will give us more details soon!

Hey guys!

I've been stalking this thread, since my acceptance in November :). I wasn't sure if I'd attend (even though I sent in my deposit), but I really like their curriculum the most out of the other programs I applied to. Has anyone started looking for housing in the Winchester area? What areas do graduate students usually live in? Contact me if you interested in finding a roommate. It would be nice to room with someone from the program! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back.

I contacted Financial Aid, they said my aid package would be mailed to me by the end of April. I also emailed Linda Burrow in regards to my other questions and she responded with: "You will receive information about orientation dates and other OT related information sometime in late spring or early summer from the OT program. "

Hopefully this means sooner rather than later.

Great! It's not that far away.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that I saw that my financial aid award was up on my webadvisor account and I could see the amount that I'm getting. So the process has at least started for people who are interested in that, maybe it'd be worth a check. :)

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist lately and/or is considering declining their seat?

I just got accepted to the Leesburg campus off the alternate list this morning!

I was accepted to the Winchester campus in January and as of right now plan on attending!

Hi guys!

I'll be attending SUOT in Winchester. I've found apts/townhouses for a great rental price and I'm looking for roommates. Let me know if you're interested.

do y'all mind sharing what your stats were like when you applied? This is my second time applying, and it is one of my top choices. I would love some feedback!

I was originally wait listed and received notification today that I was accepted!

How long were you wait listed before getting an acceptance? I just got put on the alternate list

Hi guys!

I'll be attending SUOT in Winchester. I've found apts/townhouses for a great rental price and I'm looking for roommates. Let me know if you're interested.

I've just found out I've been accepted to the Winchester campus! Any advice on where to live?

Anyone in the 2016/2017 cycle got accepted on the Leesburg campus??? If so, do you plan to move to the area or are you already in the area? I'm in Fairfax. Hit me up!

Anyone in the 2016/2017 cycle got accepted on the Leesburg campus??? If so, do you plan to move to the area or are you already in the area? I'm in Fairfax. Hit me up!
I got accepted into the Leesburg campus too! I currently live in Maryland though and think I'm gonna stay in MD since we only have to be on campus once a week. Are you definitely going to be attending Shenandoah?

I got accepted into the Leesburg campus too! I currently live in Maryland though and think I'm gonna stay in MD since we only have to be on campus once a week. Are you definitely going to be attending Shenandoah?
As of now, I'm 80-90% sure I'll be going! I'll be going to interview one more place out west, but I may just take Shenandoah over that one because attending here would be cheaper. I wouldn't be moving any closer to campus either. I drove there once to see what the commute would be like and it took me about 35 min one way.

I just got accepted to the Leesburg campus! Still waiting to hear back from one school so not sure if I am going to attend or not. Anyone know when the program starts? I know some start early august.

I just got accepted to the Leesburg campus! Still waiting to hear back from one school so not sure if I am going to attend or not. Anyone know when the program starts? I know some start early august.
awesome! I am on the wait list for leesburg as well. do you mind me asking what your stats are and what state you are from?

Last edited:
awesome! I am on the wait list for leesburg as well. do you mind me asking what your stats are and what state your are from?
From DE - 3.55 overall gpa, around 3.3-3.4 prerequisite gpa, over 100 hours of shadowing and research experience/exec positions/certifications