Shenandoah University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
split6kik-

I just received an email about an interview on Jan 27th as well. Do you live in the area, or are you having to travel? I live in San Diego and was wondering if you knew of any public transportation that I can take to get to the school from the airport.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hello, I literally just stumbled across this site while browsing the web. I was accepted at shenandoah after my interview in December. I was notified within 5 days. I received my official letter of acceptance in the mail yesterday. I really loved the school and will be attending there in the fall. Good luck to EVERYONE who is interviewing and reading this. They have great stats and the faculty was very kind and down to earth.

split6kik-

I just received an email about an interview on Jan 27th as well. Do you live in the area, or are you having to travel? I live in San Diego and was wondering if you knew of any public transportation that I can take to get to the school from the airport.

Thanks!

Hey PTjenn, I am also interviewing on the 27th and am flying in from San Francisco. I looked for a shuttle service but didn't find much unfortunately. I ended up renting a car...just hoping I can find my way to Winchester alright haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also interviewing on the 27th and am flying in from San Francisco.

Hey! I'm flying out from SF as well. I'm renting a car, and from others I hear that it's not all that difficult to get to Winchester from IAD airport, it should take maybe an hour give or take. See you there!

I live one hour from Winchester, just south of Dulles Airport. There is no public transportation to Winchester. It's not exactly a large metropolis. If I were you, rent a car, take Route 50 west, and drive until you arrive at Shennendoah. It's a nice drive through the country.

Winchester doesn't have much, but it's close to West Virginia and there are plenty of outdoor activities there. Enjoy.

Kevin

hello, I literally just stumbled across this site while browsing the web. I was accepted at shenandoah after my interview in December. I was notified within 5 days. I received my official letter of acceptance in the mail yesterday. I really loved the school and will be attending there in the fall. Good luck to EVERYONE who is interviewing and reading this. They have great stats and the faculty was very kind and down to earth.
Hey which group were you in. Ahh so they have notified students. damn, im not getting in.

OH, BTW Eforma and others going to the interview, if your taking toll roads take $3.50 with you each way lol.

OH, BTW Eforma and others going to the interview, if your taking toll roads take $3.50 with you each way lol.

LAME! Lol...I'm so sick of toll roads...though $3.50 is better than the $5-6 that we pay in SF. And don't get discouraged yet! You not only still have a chance (didn't someone say they offer all the remaining spots after the final interview date?), but there is the chance that people will decline! Keeping my fingers crossed for you ;)

Soooooo I made it to Winchester last night at 2:00 am only to check my email and find out the interview was canceled and re-scheduled at a later date due to the blizzard. Not sure what to do from here...anyone else in the same situation?

Yeah dude, I did the same thing. Caught the last flight out of Dallas/Fort Worth, got stuck in 5 hours of traffic because of the snow, then had to call it a night when I got to Leesburg (which is typically a 20-minute drive from the airport!!). I opened the email about the cancellation and literally burst into tears. I emailed Mrs. Burrow about the possibility of interviewing tomorrow since I was already here, but haven't heard anything back. I guess they'll just figure out a new interview date and let us know...kind of a bummer to have to fly back out and miss class again, but I love the program and really want to go there. Eforma, wanna tell your Shenandoah interview story?

Yeah dude, I did the same thing. Caught the last flight out of Dallas/Fort Worth, got stuck in 5 hours of traffic because of the snow, then had to call it a night when I got to Leesburg (which is typically a 20-minute drive from the airport!!). I opened the email about the cancellation and literally burst into tears. I emailed Mrs. Burrow about the possibility of interviewing tomorrow since I was already here, but haven't heard anything back. I guess they'll just figure out a new interview date and let us know...kind of a bummer to have to fly back out and miss class again, but I love the program and really want to go there. Eforma, wanna tell your Shenandoah interview story?

The drive was so awful! I was in the car for 8 hours but finally made it to Winchester. Now I'm not sure if I should fly back to California tomorrow or just sit tight for a few days. I also emailed and called Mrs. Burrow but haven't heard back yet either...this must be a nightmare for her. Sorry you had such a frustrating night man, this kind of thing builds character though......right? I'll just keep telling myself that and see where it gets me.

OMG Im soooo sorry to hear that:(:(:(. This happened last year also. At one of my other interviews, a 1st year student said she had an interview with Shenandoah. Just like you guys, she was already there, flew in and had a rental car. She actually made it to Winchester and the next day they cancelled because of the snow. She was very disappointed, however this was not the reason she ended up not going to Shenandoah, she wanted to stay closer to home. She said that she was just offered a phone interview, which she said they probably just took her application and threw it in the trash after she had the phone interview. She just withdrew her application instead. IDK if she was exagerating, because after meeting their staff I don't think they would do that to anyone.

Edit:
It's really worth checking out the facilities and meeting with staff, though, I don't mean to scare anyone with this. After my interview with them, we were at lunch and two professors sat with us and were just chatting. It started to snow just at the right time because my interview session was over and they brought upt he fact that they weren't allowed to have any school functions when they close the campus due to the snow and that we were lucky. Anyway, I brought up that I had met someone....see above...and he said that Phone interviews aren't bad at all and they still get the job done.

Last edited:
Hey everyone...so my situation was similar. I received the email as I was on my way to Shenandoah Wed noonish (thank you smartphone!) and I was literally 15 minutes from Winchester...so I took a gamble and drove straight to the PT facility, ran in, changed into my suit and sat outside Linda Burrows office until she came back from lunch. We were able to work something out so that I don't need to fly out next weekend (can't afford the money or taking off work) and will likely be doing a phone interview. From what I understood, phone interviews are on a case-by-case basis, but shouldn't hurt your chances. I would definitely recommend to those who are still in Winchester to take the time to go to the facilities Friday or Saturday and see if you can maybe do a tour. You can check on their website to see if the campus is closed or open.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends, I had my interviews today. Didn't think they went badly, but not sure how to feel about how I did either. If anybody else has yet to interview please feel free to PM me with any questions. For those of you who have already interviewed and are wondering when you will hear, they told me today that it would be around a week. Hang in there!

Oh my gosh I feel so bad for you guys! I am from MD, so luckily I avoided driving down. I was happy the interview was canceled since the snow knocked out my power (I'm on a well so not the best first impression to show up unshowered in dirty clothes with my hair looking frightful) but I cant believe they did it so late with so many people coming from out of town!

I just saw the interview update saying it would be next Saturday. I of course have an interview in Boston next weekend, so even thought I am not from far away I cant make it either.

I hope to work something out to be able to figure out another interview date & go down and see the facilities. I will post if I get to go for any of you guys who will get phone interviews & wont be able to see the location.

Wow..soo sorry you guys had to go through all that
I know I'm a little late but I do have a related story that was told to us a few times on my interview day

I think it was a first year student (maybe 2nd year, I don't remember) who told us that the same thing had happened to him. He showed up for his interview and the entire school was shut down due to snow. He somehow got ahold of Linda? or someone in the department and one of the professors came out and gave him a tour and interviewed him. Not only did the student share his story, but a couple professors also mentioned it throughout the day as an example of how important relationships with their students are. They were stressing how they are always there for their students and how important interviews and student impressions are to them...so I'm sure they will work something out - but I am somewhat surprised you couldn't get ahold of someone/get more help

hey all, this is my first post... I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner! Anyway- I interviewed at Shenandoah dec 17 and at that time they told us we would know by Jan 14th...do you think that all interviews are complete and they are notifying the rest of the applicants next week? I sent an email last week and haven't heard back yet, which isn't surprising given that they were still interviewing. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm going crazy over here! Thanks :)

The last interview was supposed to be last week. But with the snow cancellation, who knows when it is officially done. But yeah, if indeed the last interviews were last week, we should be hearing this week:scared:

I was told that I should hear around January 14 also and when it came around I was sad not to hear from them yet, but it's whatever now. If they want me they want me, if not im cool with that too. On to the next one I guess.

yea, it was definitely discouraging...esp as all of my other schools have been notifying in a pretty timely manner. Although those are wait-lists so we may be looking at #5 here. Can't wait until March when most schools have notified and some of the people with multiple offers are able to choose

got an email today from Linda Burrow. I'm on the alternate list. :( I'm glad I finally heard from Shenandoah, but this is my 2nd waitlist and I'm starting to worry I won't get in anywhere. I still have 4 schools to hear from, but I'm this is making me nervous. Has anyone else gotten an email yet?

Dlizzy-Alternate is better than a flat out rejection. I still haven't received anything, how do you think I'm feeling? Wow, and if you were placed on the alternate list with the stats you have (3.55 GPA).....Theres a reason why I applied to 16 programs lol:).

yea no worries d, i have talked to a lot of current PTs and students as well who were waitlisted! anyway, you still have four schools to hear from so that's a lot to look forward to! Would they tell you your spot on the list?

Just got an email from Mrs. Burrow, I'm on the waitlist. I'm content with it, praying for a spot still though!

I just got the alternate list email today at 9:15am. I wonder if I'm lower on the list since I got my email a day after Dlizzy did.

I just got my email the other day...I'm in! Still have to interview for the MSAT(dual degree) on Friday, so we'll see what happens. If I don't do the dual, then I'm pretty torn between UCSF and Shenandoah...so I'll try and make a decision quick to maybe open up a spot for someone!

Oh, what's the difference between the "waitlist" and the "alternate list"?

9:17, got the email about the alternate list. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those with acceptances! Keep me posted :)

9AM today, alternate letter, as expected haha

They told us as the interview the alternate list is ranked based on GPA,GRE,number of hours, and interview score

congrats, Eforma! That's great! And congrats to everyone else too, no rejections, that's good news. Hopefully some spots will open up for us soon :oops:

Ah, it makes so much sense......

We all received our alternate emails at different times. I feel strongly about what that says about where we are on the list. someone who PMed me also received their email at 8:54am today.

Seriously y'all, I wouldn't read too far into it. None of us got rejected so far, so be happy about that. Plus several of you have other schools you're already accepted at, so be thankful for that too. This is my VERY first positive response, and I'm just so happy to not be rejected for once! Keep it positive, and just think: in 7 months, we may be classmates! :)

Hey everyone...so my situation was similar. I received the email as I was on my way to Shenandoah Wed noonish (thank you smartphone!) and I was literally 15 minutes from Winchester...so I took a gamble and drove straight to the PT facility, ran in, changed into my suit and sat outside Linda Burrows office until she came back from lunch. We were able to work something out so that I don't need to fly out next weekend (can't afford the money or taking off work) and will likely be doing a phone interview. From what I understood, phone interviews are on a case-by-case basis, but shouldn't hurt your chances. I would definitely recommend to those who are still in Winchester to take the time to go to the facilities Friday or Saturday and see if you can maybe do a tour. You can check on their website to see if the campus is closed or open.

Hey Eforma, have you had your phone interview yet? I am supposed to have one as well and Linda said she would email me as to when it would be but I haven't heard anything yet.

@dlizzy - Thanks!

@Ben22 - I did have my interview already. If you haven't heard from Linda recently shoot her another email. Honestly, Shenandoah is TERRIBLE (it's sad, but true) about responding to phone calls (actually, and emails for that matter) so you really do need to be a squeaky wheel. Also, the only time I've ever been able to reach Linda on the phone was about about 9amEST (yes I woke up at 6amPST just to call her) otherwise I've also gotten the voicemail, and either her box is full or she just never responded to my message.

The moral of the story, keep trying to set a date. Once you have that, things should go smoothly. Best of luck!

Yes, keep on Linda. I had my phone interview Mon @ 9am. At 9:03 I panicked, though maybe I was supposed to call the interviewer, and phoned into her. She had no idea she was interviewing me!!

Granted, she explained all but 3 of the faculty were leaving that night for a national meeting, so she had arrived later than normal & hadnt checked her email yet, but still!! I got the email from Linda scheduling on Thurs, so I assume she wouldve let my interviewer know before Mon AM. I had to wait for her to get my file!

After that it was good, what does everyone think of their program?Any details on the campus/things we wouldnt get through a phone interview. (I am planning on going down to visit since I am only in MD but may wait to hear before I make the drive)

And has anyone heard from their 2/5 makeup or phone interview if you couldnt make it? I just got my #1 schools acceptance, but I like SU & its alot cheaper/not in Boston so cheaper to live im sure, so I am waiting to hear from them before I commit.

Anyone heard back from the Shenandoah DPT rescheduled interview on 2/5/11? I wasnt able to make it so I had a phone interview that Monday (2/7) and haven't heard back from them yet.

Anyone heard back from the Shenandoah DPT rescheduled interview on 2/5/11? I wasnt able to make it so I had a phone interview that Monday (2/7) and haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm in the same boat. I phone interviewed on the 4th and was told I would hear back in a week to a week and a half...so hopefully any day now. I'm awful at waiting so it's driving me crazy!!

I'm in the same boat. I phone interviewed on the 4th and was told I would hear back in a week to a week and a half...so hopefully any day now. I'm awful at waiting so it's driving me crazy!!
Ugh it sucks! Let me know if you hear back, its driving me crazy too! Good luck!

Ben & szer: ME TOO! I phone interviewed last Monday & was told by the beginning of this week Id know. This is the last school I am waiting for to make my decision & I just want to know! Keep us posited on when you hear.

hey! My friend interviewed there on the 5th and has heard back that he is waitlisted. I don't know the exact day he heard, but I hope this helps.

Join the club, I think pretty much everyone except for one person on here is waitlisted... :(

I know, seriously...

Eforma, if you don't mind me asking, when is the deadline to send in the deposit for Shenandoah? Maybe once that day passes some of us will get some good news...

I know, seriously...

Eforma, if you don't mind me asking, when is the deadline to send in the deposit for Shenandoah? Maybe once that day passes some of us will get some good news...

Of course I don't mind you asking! In the letter they said you had 30 days from the date on the letter. So my letter was dated Feb 4th, so I have I guess until roughly March 5th. I'm hoping to have made a decision by then, but I'm seriously conflicted over a lot of things. I'm about 99% sure though, that if I do go to SU, then I'll do the dual, so that should open up a spot either way for someone.

Eforma -

Are additional students accepted to the dual program? I'm a little confused - I guess I just assumed that it was 40 students total for both programs. I don't know much about the dual. Could you (or anyone) explain?

Thanks!

@Ben + split6kik: got an email this morning from Linda Burrow saying I was waitlisted. Hopefully you guys hear from her soon too!

Yep, just got my waitlist email too. I figured I would, the woman who interviewed me spent over 5 min talking about how if I get on the waitlist they still want me, they get alot of the waitlist each year etc.

I'm a bit bummed, but it does make my decision process even easier. Looks like I'm headed to Boston and the poorhouse.

Hope you get better news than us Ben & everyone else waiting!

Hey guys, wish I had better news to report but...waitlisted as well. Trying to stay positive, but I'm pretty bummed. I know it's better than a rejection but I was really hoping for an acceptance (as we all were I'm sure).

Yeah, the woman that interviewed me spent a few minutes talking about the whole waitlist thing and she kept saying that a lot of people on the waitlist end up getting accepted since so many people decline admission- so stay positive!

Eforma -

Are additional students accepted to the dual program? I'm a little confused - I guess I just assumed that it was 40 students total for both programs. I don't know much about the dual. Could you (or anyone) explain?

Thanks!
Dual degree program is completely separate program. They take full time classes with PT students, so they will be classmates with DPT program students; they won't be able to take that first summer off because they will be taking AT classes that first summer while the DPT students get a break, the Dual degrees don't. What I was told by 1st years that some classes are online. Either way, the only spots Dual degree students take are for the dual degree spots. Eforma, I believe said they only accept 5 applicants for the dual degree. There are 40 spots for just the DPT.

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining jbizzle!

Dual degree program is completely separate program. They take full time classes with PT students, so they will be classmates with DPT program students; they won't be able to take that first summer off because they will be taking AT classes that first summer while the DPT students get a break, the Dual degrees don't. What I was told by 1st years that some classes are online. Either way, the only spots Dual degree students take are for the dual degree spots. Eforma, I believe said they only accept 5 applicants for the dual degree. There are 40 spots for just the DPT.

If you aren't accepted for the dual degree can you still be accepted for DPT?