Shenandoah University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you aren't accepted for the dual degree can you still be accepted for DPT?

Apparently Eforma was, so I would say yes. Remember she was accepted to the DPT program first then after her AT interview they accepted her for the dual degree. Idk if she had to apply for both separately.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently Eforma was, so I would say yes. Remember she was accepted to the DPT program first then after her AT interview they accepted her for the dual degree. Idk if she had to apply for both separately.

Interesting! I've been reading a lot about their program and I would like to possibly do both! Thanks for the info!

If you aren't accepted for the dual degree can you still be accepted for DPT?

Hey, sorry for being MIA....@kcrat -- yes you can be accepted for the DPT even if you're not accepted for the dual.
This is how I understand things.

*First, you MUST apply to both programs individually -- write separate essays, send in separate LORs, and all that jazz.

*Second, you MUST gain an acceptance to both programs individually.

*Third, all students offered acceptance to both programs are ranked, and the top five are offered a spot in the dual degree program.

*Finally, SU gives ONE MONTH from the date of the acceptance letter to send in your deposit/answer.

In all honesty, I'm not one-hundred percent sure whether this affects the number of students in the DPT program or not. I believe the 5 students doing the dual-degree are sort of their own entity, but I'm not positive.
Hope this helps. If you have any more questions I'll try and answer them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything from SU recently? And to those of you who have already been accepted elsewhere, are you still waiting to hear from SU before making a decision?

Has anybody heard anything from SU recently? And to those of you who have already been accepted elsewhere, are you still waiting to hear from SU before making a decision?

I haven't heard anything since 2/17 when I got the "alternate" email. I have put my deposit down for another school that is closer to home, which I will probably end up going to, but if I get accepted to Shenandoah i will seriously consider going there as well.

Still waiting on The decision from SU (and two more programs) before I commit to the school I've already sent a deposit to.

Still waiting on The decision from SU (and two more programs) before I commit to the school I've already sent a deposit to.

Same here. I sent an email and called and left a message to find out how they rank the waitlist and where I fall on that list...but no response...that was over a week ago. The waiting is killing me!!

Same here. I sent an email and called and left a message to find out how they rank the waitlist and where I fall on that list...but no response...that was over a week ago. The waiting is killing me!!

When I interviewed at Shenandoah they said they didnt want any calls asking about the list because it "changes every day." I think they should atleast let us know where we stand atleast once. All of us have alot of big decisions to make within the next few months, so we should have the right to know where we stand, but what do I know.

Honestly, I'm not sure how well their "list" system actually works anyways. Four out of the handful of students that were present at the interview told me they were not one of the "gotta have" students that the professors spoke of and that they were wait listed up until a day or two before classes started. I dont really understand how they can defend or justify that "list" when some of their best students enrolled werent even their first choice and were on the outside looking in.

@Ben & Wrestler: it says in the email they sent me that they make it a policy not to inform students about their place on the waiting list, so I guess we all will just have to wait to hear from them again :-/

Hey guys, I remember someone mentioned before that they had a month since they received their acceptance letter (which was like feb 5th or around there) to send in their deposit. So, that means the deadline for deposits is sometime around this weekend or next week, so there's still hope! I'm sure some of us on the waitlist will hear something soon within the next few weeks. And I also do recall them telling us at the interview to not ask where we stand on the waitlist because they wouldn't tell us anyway. Guess we'll just have to wait and see :confused:

Hey guys, I remember someone mentioned before that they had a month since they received their acceptance letter (which was like feb 5th or around there) to send in their deposit. So, that means the deadline for deposits is sometime around this weekend or next week, so there's still hope! I'm sure some of us on the waitlist will hear something soon within the next few weeks. And I also do recall them telling us at the interview to not ask where we stand on the waitlist because they wouldn't tell us anyway. Guess we'll just have to wait and see :confused:

Dlizzy is right -- I just received an email from Linda reminding me that my deadline for a decision is March 4th...so hopefully that means those who are wait-listed will be hearing something soon!

Hey Eforma, have you officially made a decision yet? I remember you were debating if you wanted to do the dual program or just the DPT or go to another school.

Hey Eforma, have you officially made a decision yet? I remember you were debating if you wanted to do the dual program or just the DPT or go to another school.

Honestly, I haven't made the decision. I'm currently torn between saving money (though I'm not really sure just how much -- still crunching numbers) and the dual-degree. I don't know if I could go to Shenandoah and NOT do the dual, but maybe I should consider that more. It's hard, because there is no one option that is screaming "I'm the right one!", as everything has their pros and cons, so I'm a bit lost right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone off the waitlist yet? Anyone know of someone that got off the waitlist?

Starting to think that I should start sending in my immunization records, transcripts, and physical to my back up school.

Someone I know got off the waitlist. :( I don't know any details other than she's now accepted.

i was waitlisted a little over a month ago, and have not heard anything either.

Same here. I got waitlisted in late feb and havent gotten an update. the other school I sent a deposit to starts June 6th, so I decided if I havent heard from SU by the first week in April I'm committing to my other school & forgetting about my waitlised schools.

I was originally on the waitlist and about a month ago I found out that I got off ....don't worry the deadline for my other schools was April 1st so I'm sure some more people will come off it!!

Does Shenandoah require labs with their anatomy and physiology courses?

I was originally on the waitlist and about a month ago I found out that I got off ....don't worry the deadline for my other schools was April 1st so I'm sure some more people will come off it!!
Are you accepting their offer, or are you headed elsewhere.

Hey guys I was waitlisted by Shenandoah in February and heard a couple weeks ago that I got in. Sent in my deposit and registration the other day so I'll see you there in the fall!!!

Important Statistics:

-Cumulative GPA : 3.21
-GPA for Last 60 Hrs. : 3.43
-Prerequisite GPA: 3.13
-GRE Score: 1030 (630 Math 400 Verbal, Writing Score: 5)

Volunteer/Paid Experience:

-400 hours of volunteer/shadowing PT's (inpatient, outpatient, private practice)
-Recently hired as a Rehab Aide
-worked as a Fitness Attendant; have current CPR/First Aid Certification

Extracurriculars:
-President of School's Pre-Physical Therapy Club
-Member of the school Rugby Club
-Involved in various Community Outreach Programs

Research:
-Research on People with Disabilties

I am looking to apply to PT school as soon as this summer. Can anyone list a few schools where I can get in with my stats beside possibly this school?
(And please don't tell me to raise my standands because I have heard that enough)

Thank You!

Important Statistics:

-Cumulative GPA : 3.21
-GPA for Last 60 Hrs. : 3.43
-Prerequisite GPA: 3.13
-GRE Score: 1030 (630 Math 400 Verbal, Writing Score: 5)

Volunteer/Paid Experience:

-400 hours of volunteer/shadowing PT's (inpatient, outpatient, private practice)
-Recently hired as a Rehab Aide
-worked as a Fitness Attendant; have current CPR/First Aid Certification

Extracurriculars:
-President of School's Pre-Physical Therapy Club
-Member of the school Rugby Club
-Involved in various Community Outreach Programs

Research:
-Research on People with Disabilties

I am looking to apply to PT school as soon as this summer. Can anyone list a few schools where I can get in with my stats beside possibly this school?
(And please don't tell me to raise my standands because I have heard that enough)

Thank You!

Yes, as long as you don't come off as a ***** in your interview.

So, did eforma ever decide where they were going?! I've been waiting on pins and needles. lol. The dual degree program at SU is my number one choice right now for numerous reasons and I want to know if he/she decided to go there and why or why not?!!?!?

:) sorry for sounding like a stalker

just wondering if anybody knew any details about the IM Learning program...My current phone is dead so before I get a new one I was wondering if anybody knew if you could get an iphone with verizon or if it has to be with at & t

Anyone else hear from them? Acceptance/rejections/if they've filled all spots?

So, did eforma ever decide where they were going?! I've been waiting on pins and needles. lol. The dual degree program at SU is my number one choice right now for numerous reasons and I want to know if he/she decided to go there and why or why not?!!?!?

:) sorry for sounding like a stalker

Haha, no worries kcrat...I've been MIA for a while, trying to figure some things out. After a lot of consideration, I've turned down both UCSF and Shenandoah for Long Beach. I just couldn't stomach the thought of over $100K in debt by going to either of those schools. Not only is LB cheaper tuition-wise, but I ended up getting a grant (for at least the first year) that covers tuition. So my only expenses as of right now for LB is going to be cost of living and books and such...which is maybe $40K (and thats being generous) for the 3 years. Sure it's an MPT, not a DPT, but I spoke with enough PTs to decide that the difference between the M and D is very little...its how you use your degree that matters.

I am definitely sad to watch that athletic training degree slip away, but the cost just did not outweigh the benefits for me.
Hopefully someone here will get my spot at SU's PT program.

for the people accepted, have you found housing area's near shenandoah university?

We all received an email today from Linda. Who emailed back to stay on the waitlist? Who decided to be taken off the waitlist?

I emailed her back to stay on the waitlist. This late in the game I don't expect to get in at all, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. What did you do jbizzle?

I emailed her back to stay on the waitlist. This late in the game I don't expect to get in at all, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. What did you do jbizzle?
I still havent emailed back. I'll reply back tomorrow morning so I have the rest of tonight to think about it.

What did you end up telling her? I've already accepted elsewhere but just in case something catastrophic happens I told her to leave me on the list. You never know. And it couldn't hurt.

What did you end up telling her? I've already accepted elsewhere but just in case something catastrophic happens I told her to leave me on the list. You never know. And it couldn't hurt.
I requested to stay on the list....as it is still my top choice haha

Hi--I'm new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. I'm going to be going to SU in the fall and was wondering who else is going there...is anybody interested in starting a facebook page?

hey supt88, I'll also be attending SU this fall. I've been calling this week trying to find housing and plan a trip out there, but most places are booked till the middle of june. Have you had any luck finding a place?

Hey supt88. I'm going to SU in the fall. I was thinking the other day that we needed to start a facebook page. If you do let me know what you name it.

i haven't found a place yet...i applied to the new grad housing downtown and have a lead on one place i found on craigslist but nothing official yet....i found facebook groups from other classes and their names were SU Year (ex--SU 2013)--I wonder if this is something the program sets up or something we could do

I'm not sure if they set it up or not. I figure that if they did we would already have heard something. Not sure though.