shirt: "trust me im a doctor"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmacytech

put in the effort...M.D!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For my recent 21st birthday my friends got me a shirt that says "trust me im a doctor." (it was in a corona box, of all things) Two of them will be my roomates. I don't want to wear this shirt in public. I just don't.

Anyone else seen this shirt and willing to share some thoughts? If i wasnt planning on med school...i dunno...maybe I'd wear it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For my recent 21st birthday my friends got me a shirt that says "trust me im a doctor." (it was in a corona box, of all things) Two of them will be my roomates. I don't want to wear this shirt in public. I just don't.

Anyone else seen this shirt and willing to share some thoughts? If i wasnt planning on med school...i dunno...maybe I'd wear it.

I actually like that shirt, despite the corniness.

I don't care for the "I heart med students" shirt they sell at... is it Abercrombie?

I saw one girl wear a shirt that said: "I'm a doctor... almost!" on the front. I think the back said "UCLA School of Medicine Class of 2006" but I could be way off... It's been over a year since I saw that shirt.
 
My friend also got me one for my birthday. I love that shirt! I don't wear it very often but it gives people a laugh when I do. What disgusts you about that shirt? It is just a novelty T-shirt, it doesn't mean anything?
 
Someone wore the "trust me I'm a doctor" shirt to the MCAT :laugh: :laugh: Who da fu*k are you trying to fool??!??! Just remembered how we were making fun of her during all the breaks
 
I saw one girl wear a shirt that said: "I'm a doctor... almost!" on the front. I think the back said "UCLA School of Medicine Class of 2006" but I could be way off... It's been over a year since I saw that shirt.

They just got a new one at UCLA that says: "Be nice. I could be your doctor someday. David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA."

I admit it. I bought it. :laugh:
 
My friend also got me one for my birthday. I love that shirt! I don't wear it very often but it gives people a laugh when I do. What disgusts you about that shirt? It is just a novelty T-shirt, it doesn't mean anything?

nothing against the shirt itself, i just don't want to wear it at school. maybe i'll wear it when i take the MCAT:laugh:
 
For my recent 21st birthday my friends got me a shirt that says "trust me im a doctor." (it was in a corona box, of all things) Two of them will be my roomates. I don't want to wear this shirt in public. I just don't.

Anyone else seen this shirt and willing to share some thoughts? If i wasnt planning on med school...i dunno...maybe I'd wear it.

yeah...I'm not a fan either
 
I saw a pre-med wearing that shirt once. It's pretty much the worst shirt ever. Good call on not wearing it, but you could use it as an undershirt or a yard-work shirt
 
I saw a pre-med wearing that shirt once. It's pretty much the worst shirt ever. Good call on not wearing it, but you could use it as an undershirt or a yard-work shirt

exactly, me wearing is like saying "hey look at me im trying to go to medical school, off the the library to study until close now."
 
It is a joke, don't take it seriously. If someone really thinks you are a doctor they are a pinhead and you deserve to screw with them as much as you want.
 
exactly, me wearing is like saying "hey look at me im trying to go to medical school, off the the library to study until close now."

i thought that shirt was like "let me buy you a drink and then you can take your shirt off..."

i think people are missing the humor.... 😴
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh please people! gimme a $%^& break lighten up. My Fiance bought it for me for my birthday at a target store nearby. It's a joke, something we laugh at and enjoy for like two seconds. Or have we all forgotten our senses of humor b/c of all of the pre-med stress. Sheesh. I have worn it in public and had people find it humorous. I've seen average schlubs wearing it too. Yes its corny but to ostracize and support someone who doesnt wear it... Grow a funny bone (oh wait here comes a bunch of people telling me that it's just the ulnar nerve and there is no such thing as a funny bone). It's name "funny bone" is sort of a joke to begin with, it's a medical pun b/c it abutts the humerus (humerous get it). We have enough to worry about so please let's not get our panties in a bunch over a silly (i admit corny) t-shirt
 
lol i got one for my 22nd bday, well the one from urban outfitters (not sure if there's a difference). it's stowed away in my closet; i don't even dare touch or look at it in the offhand case there does exist a higher being and looking at the shirt jinxes the whole app process. first time i've ever been so superstitious i swear.
 
Oh please people! gimme a $%^& break lighten up. My Fiance bought it for me for my birthday at a target store nearby. It's a joke, something we laugh at and enjoy for like two seconds. Or have we all forgotten our senses of humor b/c of all of the pre-med stress. Sheesh. I have worn it in public and had people find it humorous. I've seen average schlubs wearing it too. Yes its corny but to ostracize and support someone who doesnt wear it... Grow a funny bone (oh wait here comes a bunch of people telling me that it's just the ulnar nerve and there is no such thing as a funny bone). It's name "funny bone" is sort of a joke to begin with, it's a medical pun b/c it abutts the humerus (humerous get it). We have enough to worry about so please let's not get our panties in a bunch over a silly (i admit corny) t-shirt

There is a big difference though, between owning it and actually wearing it in public.
 
you undercover pre-meds are so cool. nobody knows you're pre-med until you blow the "out of the closet" pre-meds right out of the water. 😎
 
I wouldn't wear it. Every admissions committee has tracking devices and bugs in every one of those shirts and they know who has disrespected the noble profession of medicine by wearing it. It will automatically put you on a blacklist for admission to any med school, even the Caribbean ones. Good call!

On another note, if you ever get one of those shirts that says county jail or federal pen. on it, don't wear them either because legally the police can place you in jail and attach an escaped cons record to you, so you could end up in jail for murder just for wearing a funny shirt.

Everyone Be Careful!
 
I love that AMSA pre-med shirt that says (going off memory) "It takes more than medical school to make a physician." I think that is the funniest t-shirt I have seen.
 
Man. I think I might stay at this premed level forever..I'm banging so many chicks based on the fact that they even THINK I'll be a doctor.....That tshirt would be golden. Before I was just using the tall triple major rich kid that is going to be a doctor excuse....that tshirt sounds fantastic though. FYI..don't take this personally...just came back from dollar pitcher night....and yes I find it very very sad that the first sight I check when drinking is SDN.....maybe I should create a thread on that.
 
For my recent 21st birthday my friends got me a shirt that says "trust me im a doctor." (it was in a corona box, of all things) Two of them will be my roomates. I don't want to wear this shirt in public. I just don't.

Anyone else seen this shirt and willing to share some thoughts? If i wasnt planning on med school...i dunno...maybe I'd wear it.

A kid at my MCAT test site wore a shirt that said "The MCAT is my bitch!" It was pretty hillarious, and I bet some people were slightly intimidated. I think the "trust me" shirt is pretty funny too though.
 
A kid at my MCAT test site wore a shirt that said "The MCAT is my bitch!" It was pretty hillarious, and I bet some people were slightly intimidated. I think the "trust me" shirt is pretty funny too though.

I wouldn't be intimidated by that kid. I see him as one of those guys who listened to a motivational tape in his car on the way there. "I am smart, I am funny, people like me".
 
totally lame. wear it when you're a doctor.

uh...no. Its fun to wear shirts like that when you are still in college. Its meant to be a funny shirt. Its lamer to wear it when you are a doctor. You think people will take an MD seriously if he or she wears a shirt like that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got one for my birthday as a joke, too.

However, I think all of you guys are missing the actual humor. It's meant to be worn by toolish guys as a joke....as in, I'm a doctor, you can trust me, so take your clothes off...yeah...haha. 🙄 It's just a different kind of joke when pre-meds wear it.

And on that note, one of my professors wore the shirt once. Now that was really funny, because he is in fact a doctor, just not a medical doctor. And he also has a really good sense of humor.
 
I got one for my birthday as a joke, too.

However, I think all of you guys are missing the actual humor. It's meant to be worn by toolish guys as a joke....as in, I'm a doctor, you can trust me, so take your clothes off...yeah...haha. 🙄 It's just a different kind of joke when pre-meds wear it.

And on that note, one of my professors wore the shirt once. Now that was really funny, because he is in fact a doctor, just not a medical doctor. And he also has a really good sense of humor.

:laugh: well! i did not know that humor was attached to this shirt! now that i think of it its pretty funny:laugh:
 
It's kind of funny... not nearly as shameless as the thousands of SDN members who incorporate "Dr.", "Doc", "Doctor", or "MD" into their screen name
 
I have one that says "Not A Doctor.... but I'll take a look anyway!"😀
 
Me and a buddy of mine in class want to make a shirt that says...

"Board certified gynecologist since 1995"

kekeke.
 
exactly, me wearing is like saying "hey look at me im trying to go to medical school, off the the library to study until close now."


And on the back, it'd say, "I'm a VIRGIN!"

lol


Seriously though, I don't know if it's because I'm non-trad or whatever, but I don't like telling people that I'm premed until someone specifically asks...
 
Don't you actually have to be a doctor first? :meanie:

For my recent 21st birthday my friends got me a shirt that says "trust me im a doctor." (it was in a corona box, of all things) Two of them will be my roomates. I don't want to wear this shirt in public. I just don't.

Anyone else seen this shirt and willing to share some thoughts? If i wasnt planning on med school...i dunno...maybe I'd wear it.
 
I will totally wear that trust me shirt when I graduate med school. Only in the neighborhood or around friends mind you, but still ... good beer swilling shirt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a shirt that on the front says "Hopkins Mediocrity" and on the back has a picture of a bell curve and it says "Your A is worthless without my C."
 
For my recent 21st birthday my friends got me a shirt that says "trust me im a doctor." (it was in a corona box, of all things) Two of them will be my roomates. I don't want to wear this shirt in public. I just don't.

Anyone else seen this shirt and willing to share some thoughts? If i wasnt planning on med school...i dunno...maybe I'd wear it.

Oh people please! please!! and please!!! What the heck's wrong with wearing that T-shirt? To me it's just a way of poking fun at yourself...it's an indirect way of saying "I'm not a doctor but I have a good sense of humor" because NO real M.D. will ever say such a thing.

Gosh! Thank God a sense of humor is not a requirement for med school otherwise many of you uptight premeds littering this joint will be rejected pre-primary!
 
56677122v1_150x150_Front.jpg


trans.gif


trans.gif


trans.gif


trans.gif


trans.gif


image.aspx


trans.gif


spacer.gif


trans.gif


trans.gif