Shoes for endoscopy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone -

I am just starting general GI fellowship and loving finally getting to do some endoscopy. I didn't really think about getting specific endoscopy footwear before starting fellowship. After doing an EGD in sneakers, an attending let me know I'd probably want to invest in some shoes for endoscopy (especially in the era of COVID), as my shoes are likely to get patient secretions or blood all over them at some point.

What shoes/footwear do you like to wear during endoscopy? Ideally, I want something that washes easily. Bonus points if you have an amazon link!

Members don't see this ad.

main-qimg-791c5bc0b7207ada58e895884557f598.jpeg

I prefer Crocs with socks
You should wear anything that you will be comfortable in and don't mind throwing out

Amazon product

This is the best for me. Very comfortable, water proof and east to clean. It looks weird but I don't care :)

Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 312528
I prefer Crocs with socks
You should wear anything that you will be comfortable in and don't mind throwing out
I’ve always had a problem with these, namely the fact that they have holes on the top, which means anything that drips on your shoe could potentially get onto your socks and feet. Those first couple of months scoping, I was so laser focused on just trying to drive the scope that I often had no idea what was dripping on the ground.

Reactions: 1 users
Any comfortable non porous shoes will do that you can wear outside the endoscopy suite. You don't want to be changing in out shoes between scopes and consults.

Reactions: 1 user