Shoot! I didn't put down a class I dropped in 9th week in AMCAS academic records!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yikes, I just realized that I should have put in this one class I dropped in 9th week. Since it doesn't "count" toward GPA, I didn't input it in the application... but I realized that when they match the grades with the transcipt, they'll see that on my transcript, this dropped class is listed.

Any thoughts? I really hope that this is not going to stall my application too much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I know that you can edit your application and then certify and resubmit the update that you made. Just go back and fix the error and then certify and resubmit. If you go to the aamcas website and the FAQs, it talks about how to update your emial address, and I am pretty sure that to update anything else, it's the same procedure. Plus, I spode to my pre-med advisor and he told me the same thing. Don't worry, I 'm a dork, cuz I forgot to list my awards since I overlooked the "awards" from the dropdwon menu, so currently I am ON HOLD waiting for aamcas to pick up the darn phone line at 6:00a.m. in CALIFORNIA (I'm passing out from the sleepiness :eek: ) I'll ask them too, as soon as they answer this line :mad: !!! Good luck!

Yup, I just FINALLY got through on AAMCAS. The person said that you can chancge some things, but other things cannot be changed. I'm pretty sure Amy Beth is right. Good luck!