Short and Sweet.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hernandez5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN. Post Bacc student recovering from atrocious first four years. Here are my results.

cGPA: 2.88 sGPA: 3.7
MCAT prelim's 84-94%
Good ECs, Excellent LORs.

Puerto Rican URM currently GA resident.

I have seen Table 25 and I know my chances are not the best, but I plan to apply broadly to both MD and DO.

I also know DO allows for retakes, which I have taken plenty of. The aforementioned GPA is counting both the initial and latter attempts.

My question is basically where should I apply besides all of my state schools (I will probably save my money and not apply to Emory) and PR schools. Thank you guys. This has been a tough fight, and appreciate everyone's advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Your best MD chances might be with the Puerto Rican schools if you speak Spanish, or the HBCs. I don't know which schools count Puertorriquenos as URM, but they're out there. Also try all GA schools.

For DO schools, you might be autoscreened out by the cGPA. I suggest calling some Admissions deans and asking if you're competitive.

Thanks Goro, I really appreciate some input. I will definitely call the admissions deans and ask. I live very close to PCOM GA so I may just go in personally and ask. Anybody know of any other schools (DO/MD) that I have a slight chance in? I would like to apply to as many as possible considering my GPA is so terrible.

Last edited:
And I have yet to calculate my AACOMAS GPA but like I said, I have like 8 retakes that went from D to A+ so I should be above a 3.0 for sure.