1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Shoud I retake the DAT?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by tqd85, Jun 5, 2008.

1. tqd85

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My Score is PAT: 23 AA:19 TS: 17

is that good enough to apply or should i study and retake it this August?

2. trixie2126

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you apply early you might have a chance depending on your gpa. I would just be a bit concerned about th 17 TS since the science sections are really important on the dat.

3. DCRedskinsRule

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Especially since most dental schools use this as a representation of how you will probably do on the Boards and affect THEIR reputation in terms of scores and pass rates...

My advice, if you think you can do that well (or close to it) on PAT, then try and retake it to get your TS at least around a 19-20 (depends on GPA too).

Good Luck!!!

4. tqd85

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i have a 3.7 (science gpa also around 3.7)

5. TeamGuo

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    have you taken a lot of science courses?

Adcom wants to see a high science gpa from the upper level courses, not just from pre-req courses.

If you have taken plenty of upper level courses and did well in all of them I think you would be considered as a competitive applicant. But if not, try to retake it to improve the TS and AA score. :thumbup:

6. OMFS08

OMFS08 Tooth Extractornator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Go ahead and apply but retake at same time. I don't think your science GPA coincides with your TS on exam. With that GPA you should be getting a 20 and up for TS, thats a RED flag for Adcoms. Goodluck!