Should I add more schools this late into the cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Garferies

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I am a CA resident going into my last year. 3.85 GPA, 31 MCAT, 3 years EMT/Field Training Officer and 2 years ED Scribe/Trainer. Applied to 25 schools already (all low tier and CA):
Jefferson, Penn State, Drexel, EVMS, VCU, GW, NYMC, Albany, Rush, Creighton, Temple, UCD, UCI, USC, UCLA, UCSD, UCR, Loma Linda, MCW, WMED, Rochester, SLU, Oakland, Quinnipiac, Wake Forest.
Small-pooled into MCW and interview at WMED so far. No rejections. I didn't get my MCAT score until 09/02, so I feel uneasy that I haven't applied to enough schools as a CA resident (all my past friends applied to 30+ and got into only 2 or 3 schools last year). Am I too late in the cycle; if not, any more recommendations for schools?
You have more than a dozen schools where you have a fair to good chance at an interview. That's usually enough for a CA applicant with your stats (as long as all your secondaries are well written).