Should I apply now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punchout34334690

Reaction score
Was wondering if now would still be a good time to apply to DO school and any possible schools to apply to?
Stats:
512 MCAT
3.8 gpa
3.8 sGPA
Northwestern University graduate
Illinois resident
Decent letters, essays
Will get a DO recommendation soon
50 hours of volunteering (caused by pandemic)
Lots of research
Publication
I had my transcripts and mcat sent over to aacomas but nothing has showed up in the portal yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Fill out a template. Don't wait for much longer.

Mods: could place with WAMC.

Was wondering if now would still be a good time to apply to DO school and any possible schools to apply to?
Stats:
512 MCAT
3.8 gpa
3.8 sGPA
Northwestern University graduate
Illinois resident
Decent letters, essays
Will get a DO recommendation soon
50 hours of volunteering (caused by pandemic)
Lots of research
Publication
I had my transcripts and mcat sent over to aacomas but nothing has showed up in the portal yet.
If you only have 50 hours of clinical exposure (shadowing doesn't count), I can't recommend applying. And the pandemic was largely over by last year, so you could have started it then.

IF you do have clinical exposure, then it's fine to apply now...T-giving would be late.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you only have 50 hours of clinical exposure (shadowing doesn't count), I can't recommend applying. And the pandemic was largely over by last year, so you could have started it then.

IF you do have clinical exposure, then it's fine to apply now...T-giving would be late.
Actually I forgot to mention my thousand hours scribing and working part time as a medical assistant.

Reactions: 1 users

Also my app may be complete by late October, is that still ok?

I contacted them and they said that it might take a few more days

Reactions: 1 user
Just submitted my primary to my schools. It’s verified too. How long before secondaries come in?

Reactions: 1 user