Should I Apply This Cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UpwardSpiral

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As the title says, I am wondering if I should apply this cycle. Undergrad cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.1, MCAT 519. My last two years of undergrad I had close to a 4.0. I graduated last year and am now working as a full time scribe. I have decent LORs, and okay ECs. I am deciding between applying to a post-bacc/SMP or to DO school. Any advice?

With the upward trend and absurd mcat you would more likely than not get into DO schools this year. SMPs are risky because you really don't have room for error.. But they differ widely in terms of linkage and conditional acceptances so I would do research and see if there are any programs you'd like to do.
If it were me, I'd apply to the "best" smps (Tulane, temple etc) this cycle. It's another year and will be expensive but you have a legit elite top ten school mcat. If you can improve your academic record with an smp the sky is the limit. That said if you want to get started right now and understand the limitations that can come with being a DO that's a great option too. Just do either option understanding the risks/benefits. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
As the title says, I am wondering if I should apply this cycle. Undergrad cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.1, MCAT 519. My last two years of undergrad I had close to a 4.0. I graduated last year and am now working as a full time scribe. I have decent LORs, and okay ECs. I am deciding between applying to a post-bacc/SMP or to DO school. Any advice?
Yes!!

Dang, if you don't mind me asking, how long did you study for and what books did you use. 519 is a great score!