Should I apply this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrewib

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently about to enter my fourth year of college and was planning on applying to dental school for the Fall 2014 term. I have a 3.66 science and 3.75 overall GPA and my DAT scores are 22 PA, 22 TS, and 22 AA.

I've been looking at the letter of recommendation requirements for my schools and I do not meet many of them. I was unable to go through the pre-health committee at my school because I didn't get enough recommendation letters and it seems most schools prefer the committee letter. I only have three recommendation letters right now, one from science, one non-science, and one from research. If I waited another year I could probably go through the health committee, but I would rather not go through that. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've heard and read, if your school has a committee, it looks bad to not go through them. Considering your stats/scores, you would have a really good chance of being able to get into dental school for this upcoming year, if you had done your committees requirements.