Should I apply to LECOM now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richanesthesiologist

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm between Sophomore and Junior Years.

My overall GPA is a 3.83 while my science GPA is a 3.73. I have a near perfect (35) ACT score

I haven't taken the MCAT yet. However, I saw LECOM doesn't require the MCAT and they will use an academic index score with the overall GPA and the SAT/ACT. I have also met all the pre-reqs and taken some other classes they recommend like microbio, genetics, neuroscience, advanced stats, etc.

Based on all this, my academic index score will be 137/142. They say the minimum is 110 with average around 119. Being only a sophomore, will I likely get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't think you can really apply unless you wanna skip your senior year

You will only be considered after you earn your bachelors degree or the year you will complete your program. They won’t take you without a bachelors, no matter how great your ACT is

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I plan on graduating in 3 years and enrolling in 2019. (I'm sure you don't have to graduate before you apply and are accepted), just by the time you enroll.

Right. As I said, “or the year you will complete your program”

Apply as a junior with your ACT to LECOM.

Be ready to take the MCAT. Don't you want options?

I'm between Sophomore and Junior Years.

My overall GPA is a 3.83 while my science GPA is a 3.73. I have a near perfect (35) ACT score

I haven't taken the MCAT yet. However, I saw LECOM doesn't require the MCAT and they will use an academic index score with the overall GPA and the SAT/ACT. I have also met all the pre-reqs and taken some other classes they recommend like microbio, genetics, neuroscience, advanced stats, etc.

Based on all this, my academic index score will be 137/142. They say the minimum is 110 with average around 119. Being only a sophomore, will I likely get accepted?
Honestly, take the MCAT. Dont limit yourself

Reactions: 1 users
If you score as well on the MCAT as you did on the ACT, you can go MD

Reactions: 1 users