Should I apply to pharmacy before taking the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHossain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't taken the pcat, but I wanna apply in June of this year after I graduate. I was going to take pcat this fall. Is it a good idea to apply? Also was going to
finish three courses I have for pharm over the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't taken the pcat, but I wanna apply in June of this year after I graduate. I was going to take pcat this fall. Is it a good idea to apply? Also was going to
If you are going to apply now, next pcat test is in July I believe. Start studying for pcat, and then see how it's going. Because you will still need to Pharmacs again and pay again for it.
Worry more about transcripts in July also getting on time

Schools that require the PCAT won't view your application until your scores are in. You can't start applying until September for early decision anyway. Best bet is to take July PCAT and to beable to apply early and you'll have your summer classes done by then
http://www.pharmcas.org/preparing-to-apply/what-youll-need-to-apply/deadlines/early-decision/