Medical Should I apply with 500 MCAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my MCAT score back recently and I received a 500. I was very disappointed considering I scored a 508, 511, and 514 on my last three practice exams. I’m not sure what happened. My dilemma is I already submitted my primaries for this cycle. I’m not sure if I should continue to apply to DO with my current score or try to retake the exam at the end of September.

I have a 3.72 GPA and a 3.58 sGPA, ~1500 hrs working as a scribe, ~200 hours of volunteer experience in various hospital departments, ~40 shadowing hours, research experience in a psych lab and on another project, and a bunch of other extracurriculars. If you could offer me any advice that would be so helpful because I’m not sure where to go from here. Do I retake in September, apply to DO as is, or delay to next cycle? Thank you!
Apply broadly to DO. Start list with LECOM

I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

IF you have test taking anxiety issues, those need to be fixed.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.