Should I ask for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geek666

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an international applicant currently residing in Hong Kong and I'll be making my way to the United States, more specifically Wake Forest, for an interview on November 1st. Now I probably don't need to emphasive just how difficult (and expensive!!) this little escapade is going be, hell, I'm not even assured a visitor visa even, but I was just wondering whether it would be a good idea to e-mail other schools and ask whether they would be willing to accomodate me? What do you gurls and guys out there think?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by geek666
I'm an international applicant currently residing in Hong Kong and I'll be making my way to the United States, more specifically Wake Forest, for an interview on November 1st. Now I probably don't need to emphasive just how difficult (and expensive!!) this little escapade is going be, hell, I'm not even assured a visitor visa even, but I was just wondering whether it would be a good idea to e-mail other schools and ask whether they would be willing to accomodate me? What do you gurls and guys out there think?

Hell's yeah. Unless you're made of cash. I think being in Hong Kong is as good an excuse as any. Some med schools (like Einstein) explicitly tell you it's okay to let them know when you're in town and ask for an interview. I'd call the med schools and have a look-see.

Absolutely, you have a good reason to call.

On another note, I'm going to be in HK in a couple of weeks for business. I'll be staying in Kowloon and will have a couple of days to kill on my own. Is a trip to Macao worth it? This is my second trip to HK. What should I do???

Members don't see this ad :)
are a a christian? cause if you are u know that- Ask and you will recieve

I have heard that Peace Corps volunteers often try and group all of their interview in one month or so. This is what would do if I were in your shoes: email the schools and explain the situation to them and try to lump as many interviews in one block as possible. For those schools that you do not hear from - give them a week or so and then try and call them. I would think that schools would be very understanding to your situation.

Thanks guys for your most encouraging replys...I was a bit apprehensive at first but after thinking about it a bit, gosh darn you guys are right. I'll get in contact with a few schools and see what they say.

And Zoobaby, Macao would be an excellent idea. You can see the sights, do some shopping and squeeze in a little gambling in one day no probs...