Should I attend LECOM/Touro-NV interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WoundupKnight

Reaction score
So, I’ve been accepted to ACOM and was planning on attending as it was my only acceptance. I’ve also received interviews at LECOM-E and Touro-NV. I don’t really care about location and just want a good education.

Should I attend either of these interviews? Would one of these schools give me a better chance of matching vs ACOM?

Members don't see this ad.

If money and time isnt an issue, I would attend and see what the schools are like. You might like those two schools more than ACOM. But read up on reddit about the education about LECOM. Doesn't sound too promising.

So, I’ve been accepted to ACOM and was planning on attending as it was my only acceptance. I’ve also received interviews at LECOM-E and Touro-NV. I don’t really care about location and just want a good education.

Should I attend either of these interviews? Would one of these schools give me a better chance of matching vs ACOM?
In terms of matching, I suspect that LECOM and Touro-NV will have an advantage over ACOM.

If you were my kid, I'd say go for both interviews.

just be aware of LECOM's dress and attendance policies.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just passing through, did you decide what you're doing?

I agree with @Goro LECOM matches pretty decently but their dress code and (i think) mandatory attendance really blows. Mandatory attendance is a GIGANTIC con in my opinion but it is what it is. I’d probably interview if I were you as both LECOM and Touro NV are older than ACOM and I overall better schools in terms of matching. Dont take my word for it though go check it out for yourself. Congrats on the acceptance though you’ll still have a whitecoat waiting for you regardless

Last edited:
I agree with @Goro LECOM matches pretty decently but their dress code and (i think) mandatory attendance really blows. Mandatory attendance is a GIGANTIC con in my opinion but it is what it is. I’d probably interview if I were you as both LECOM and Touro NV are older than ACOM and I overall better schools in terms of matching. Dont take my word for it though go check it out for yourself. Congrats on the acceptance though you’ll still have a whitecoat waiting for you regardless
I honestly refused to even apply to LECOM because I would not have been happy there.

Just passing through, did you decide what you're doing?

I'm going to attend the TUN one. I was pretty happy with going to ACOM, but their 88% first time COMLEX pass rate kind of worries me. TUN somehow managed a 90 point jump in their average COMLEX scores in a single year to ~600.

I'm going to attend the TUN one. I was pretty happy with going to ACOM, but their 88% first time COMLEX pass rate kind of worries me. TUN somehow managed a 90 point jump in their average COMLEX scores in a single year to ~600.
What about LECOM? Good Luck at TUN!!!

Quite frankly, I never was too concerned about fit. I'm very goal oriented, so the place that puts me in the best position to achieve my goal is where I'll be. Mandatory attendance and dress code is only for about 20 months, then you are on clinicals , WITH mandatory attendance and dress code. So why not practice like you play ? But, we are all not the same, so to each their own.