Should I be worried? 2007 ADA test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

predental012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My dat is in less than a week. I just took the 2007 ADA test, and these are my scores:

BIO 21
GCHEM 19
OCHEM 28
PAT 22
RC 18
QR 16

TS 22
AA 20.4

I've heard that this 2007 is much easier than the real one...I'm freaking out. What sections are comparable to the current one and which sections are off?

I'm working on my second time going through Destroyer. I really don't want to reschedule because I feel like I'm starting to get burned out and I might start forgetting things especially for bio. What do you guys think?
 
Have you taken the 2009 version? That's a good representation from the feedback on the board.

I can't believe how easy the 2007 version is. Why couldn't all of us been born 5 years earlier? So unfair.
 
Have you taken the 2009 version? That's a good representation from the feedback on the board.

I can't believe how easy the 2007 version is. Why couldn't all of us been born 5 years earlier? So unfair.

I know. I took the 2007 version, finished everything in 2 hours and got 23 TS lol. oh well life goes on hahahah
 
Have you taken the 2009 version? That's a good representation from the feedback on the board.

I can't believe how easy the 2007 version is. Why couldn't all of us been born 5 years earlier? So unfair.

Not yet I'm taking that one tomorrow, hopefully I do better after a round of Destroyer tonight. And yea, it was much easier than I was expecting especially in the sciences
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is this a real DAT from 2007 or just a practice type exam that wasn't actually administered? If it's real, then wow...easier questions + lower scores could get you in back then.
 
So is this a real DAT from 2007 or just a practice type exam that wasn't actually administered? If it's real, then wow...easier questions + lower scores could get you in back then.

Yeah, but the study materials weren't as good back then.

Chad videos didn't exist, plus CDP and DAT destroyer wasn't as popular. My friend took the DAT back in 2007 and all she used was the Kaplan course material. She scored over 22 in every section, except reading.

If you solely relied on Kaplan material now, you would be lucky to break 20 AA, and your PAT would be around 16.
 
Yeah, but the study materials weren't as good back then.

Chad videos didn't exist, plus CDP and DAT destroyer wasn't as popular. My friend took the DAT back in 2007 and all she used was the Kaplan course material. She scored over 22 in every section, except reading.

If you solely relied on Kaplan material now, you would be lucky to break 20 AA, and your PAT would be around 16.

True, Kaplan is definitely not enough now. I'm going to do 2009 tomorrow and then top score each day leading up to my test. Hopefully 2009 is more representative