Should I be worried? Clinical LOR not yet submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harmreductionist81

Reaction score
I've received all my LORs except one clinical one that would be essential to my application. This is from my clinical experience, and there's no one else who I can ask that would make sense as a clinical recommender. I do have one other person who potentially will write a letter for me (so that I can meet the minimum # of letters), but it's not clinical and would be duplicative of another letter I already received.

I reminded my clinical recommender once this past week, but never heard back. I usually have a handle on these things, but in this case I don't want to come across as pushy. I know she's doing a favor for me. I'm getting ready to submit some of my secondaries and I'm worried this will push back everything or my application won't look nearly as good without her letter. Also want to note that she isn't the kind of person to not do something she agreed to do, so this is coming out of nowhere.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Very few MD schools want a "clinical" letter.
If you are applying to one these, you may want to let the letter writer know that they are the only one who can fill this need.
Thanks for your response. For clarification, are you saying that you don't think it's helpful to have a letter from someone who mentored/supervised me working in a clinical setting directly with patients?

For clarification, are you saying that you don't think it's helpful to have a letter from someone who mentored/supervised me working in a clinical setting directly with patients?
Generally speaking, no, they are not helpful. "Physician" letters are among the most useless in an already relatively useless category.
There are a few MD schools that request a clinical letter, but this can be served at least as well by any supervisor.
DO schools do love a DO letter, however.

Reactions: 1 user