Should I be worried?

Started by DrOwnage
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrOwnage

Attending
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I sent in my secondaries a lot earlier this year than last (I'm a re-applicant). Last year I started sending my applications around September, finishing them in early October. This year I finished mostly all of my secondaries from July 15th to early August. Although now its almost mid-October and I have only heard back from 2 schools, UC Irvine and Michigan, which were both rejections. I applied to 22 schools and I'm starting to get worried that I haven't heard back from more schools at this point in time. I am a pretty competitive applicant with a 30Q MCAT, 3.90 GPA from UCSB in pharmacology (3.95 Upper Division Bio GPA) and have a bunch of research and volunteer work. Should I be worried? Because sitting around for 3 months not getting responses kinda sucks lol.
 
your grades are fine. How close were you with your LOR writers? Could you have a red flag in one of those? Also, how much time did you spend on your LOR? Can you tell us about your schools applied to?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for responding first of all 😀.

I was the biology advisor for 2 years at UCSB, and the undergraduate biology advisor wrote me a letter of recommendation. We were really close and he literally told me that he wrote me a really good letter. My other letter writers were my research advisor (who I was close with) and my pharmacology professor, who I also have no doubt about. So I have 3 letters I sent to all the schools. I also have a letter from my minister at my at local church that I sent to Loma Linda.

The schools I am applying to: UC Davis, USC, Baylor, Iowa Carver, Creighton, Wisconsin, Emory, Ohio State, Miami Miller, Tufts, Mt Sinai, Colorado, Drexel, Charles E. Schmidt, Jefferson, Feinberg, University of Illinois, Loma Linda.

I just keep hearing from friends that applied a month after me and have already had an interview, so it's getting me worried 🙁.
 
Thank you for responding first of all 😀.

I was the biology advisor for 2 years at UCSB, and the undergraduate biology advisor wrote me a letter of recommendation. We were really close and he literally told me that he wrote me a really good letter. My other letter writers were my research advisor (who I was close with) and my pharmacology professor, who I also have no doubt about. So I have 3 letters I sent to all the schools. I also have a letter from my minister at my at local church that I sent to Loma Linda.

The schools I am applying to: UC Davis, USC, Baylor, Iowa Carver, Creighton, Wisconsin, Emory, Ohio State, Miami Miller, Tufts, Mt Sinai, Colorado, Drexel, Charles E. Schmidt, Jefferson, Feinberg, University of Illinois, Loma Linda.

I just keep hearing from friends that applied a month after me and have already had an interview, so it's getting me worried 🙁.
What's your MCAT score breakdown?