Should I change the date of my DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm scheduled to take my DAT next week but I was thinking of maybe changing it to the week after or even 2 weeks later...I'm going to start biochem this summer so that'll keep me a bit busy (two days a week 3 hours)

On practice tests I get these scores:
QR I get like 21s
RC is like a 20
PAT=18

Bio=17
Chem=17
Orgo=20

I know that dental school is rolling admission but what if I took my DAT end of June and applied by the 1st or 2nd week of July? When would schools get my DAT scores?

Thanks! Any advice would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

personally i would reschedule, but its up to you. you never know, you might nail it on the real thing...but i wouldn't take the chance. perhaps someone who has taken the DAT can provide some insight on how their practice exam scores compared to the actual DAT...try reading some breakdown threads :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's common to see people posting crappy topscore scores just days prior to their real DAT. Commonly, people get 17's just 2 days before and are then posting how they landed 21's.

I'm not sure if that's how it goes for everyone but it's something I've noticed.

I took my last topscore test only days before my actual test and i managed to do better on the DAT
it all depends, do you feel like you know everything?