Should I drop? HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfinne3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in my second semester as a sophomore Biology major. I am enrolled in Organic Chemistry 2 and currently have a D in it. I need to know if I should drop the course, take a W, and retake it over the summer. Or should I stick with it and even if I get a D, take it over the summer? I am an A and B student, I would have never believed I would have to make a decision like this. I am still interested in going to medical school. Do they even look at applications with a W on them? Need advice, please.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i would drop it and take the w. An occasional w on your record will not hold you back from a med school acceptance. When you take it in the summer, get an a to prove this was a fluke. What do you think went wrong?
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going through some family issues during the second exam and wasn't able to study my fullest for it. Thanks for your help.

I am in my second semester as a sophomore Biology major. I am enrolled in Organic Chemistry 2 and currently have a D in it. I need to know if I should drop the course, take a W, and retake it over the summer. Or should I stick with it and even if I get a D, take it over the summer? I am an A and B student, I would have never believed I would have to make a decision like this. I am still interested in going to medical school. Do they even look at applications with a W on them? Need advice, please.

of course they look at applications with Ws on them
that's not going to disqualify you at all
if you have time to drop it, then drop it.
if it's past the deadline, just re-take it