Nov 11, 2009
New Orleans
Status
Pre-Medical
I am in my second semester as a sophomore Biology major. I am enrolled in Organic Chemistry 2 and currently have a D in it. I need to know if I should drop the course, take a W, and retake it over the summer. Or should I stick with it and even if I get a D, take it over the summer? I am an A and B student, I would have never believed I would have to make a decision like this. I am still interested in going to medical school. Do they even look at applications with a W on them? Need advice, please.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2006
Inside the tesseract
I would drop it and take the W. An occasional W on your record will not hold you back from a med school acceptance. When you take it in the summer, get an A to prove this was a fluke. What do you think went wrong?

robflanker

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i would drop it and take the w. An occasional w on your record will not hold you back from a med school acceptance. When you take it in the summer, get an a to prove this was a fluke. What do you think went wrong?
+1

Nov 11, 2009
New Orleans
Status
Pre-Medical
I was going through some family issues during the second exam and wasn't able to study my fullest for it. Thanks for your help.

Justins

10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2009
Louisville, KY
Status
Pre-Medical
I am in my second semester as a sophomore Biology major. I am enrolled in Organic Chemistry 2 and currently have a D in it. I need to know if I should drop the course, take a W, and retake it over the summer. Or should I stick with it and even if I get a D, take it over the summer? I am an A and B student, I would have never believed I would have to make a decision like this. I am still interested in going to medical school. Do they even look at applications with a W on them? Need advice, please.
of course they look at applications with Ws on them
that's not going to disqualify you at all
if you have time to drop it, then drop it.
if it's past the deadline, just re-take it