Need Advice - Finish SMP or drop out and start looking at other careers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeeemed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in an SMP and I'm drowning. I feel like I made a big mistake doing an SMP as I did some reinvention in undergrad (last 60 credits of 3.5, but overall gpa is a 3.0) Realistically, I think I can finish term 1 of my SMP with a 3.3. I can spend $18,000 to finish the SMP and try to bring it up to a 3.5 GPA, or I can start looking at other careers. I don't wanna waste any more of my parents money if it's not looking good for me. Only looking at DO schools. No MCAT yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I would look at other science careers anyway. You hopefully have student support to help you, and know that you will likely get similar support at medical school. If you can't leverage this, you likely won't leverage it successfully at med school. You're at a crossroads and you need to choose.

I would look at other science careers anyway. You hopefully have student support to help you, and know that you will likely get similar support at medical school. If you can't leverage this, you likely won't leverage it successfully at med school. You're at a crossroads and you need to choose.
Will a 3.3 in the first term take me out the game for DO

Members don't see this ad :)