Should I email my DM?

Started by EML9255
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EML9255

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ive made this post before but now that i am official licensed in two states i want to request for a transfer

I work for wags, I want to move into a district about 1.5 hours away from where i am now, it borders 2 states thats why i got my license in the other state as well.

Should i just email my current DM and let him know i am interested in transferring? I know there is something through store-net, but i looked at it the other day and it looks like it may have changed or something and just says contact your DM and make sure you have a yearly review thats at least achieving expectatoins, which i do.
thoughts?
 
I wouldn't because if you email him then he'll know you're interested in moving to a district closer to your home.
 
Ive made this post before but now that i am official licensed in two states i want to request for a transfer

I work for wags, I want to move into a district about 1.5 hours away from where i am now, it borders 2 states thats why i got my license in the other state as well.

Should i just email my current DM and let him know i am interested in transferring? I know there is something through store-net, but i looked at it the other day and it looks like it may have changed or something and just says contact your DM and make sure you have a yearly review thats at least achieving expectatoins, which i do.
thoughts?

Back when I did my transfer I first contacted the DM of the district I wanted to move to to see if there were any openings.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
These guys don't have time to read emails. Send him a text message filled with some traveled themed emojis. He will appreciate the brevity. If he texts back a happy face emoji you are approved.
 
Ive made this post before but now that i am official licensed in two states i want to request for a transfer

I work for wags, I want to move into a district about 1.5 hours away from where i am now, it borders 2 states thats why i got my license in the other state as well.

Should i just email my current DM and let him know i am interested in transferring? I know there is something through store-net, but i looked at it the other day and it looks like it may have changed or something and just says contact your DM and make sure you have a yearly review thats at least achieving expectatoins, which i do.
thoughts?
I don't see any problem e-mailing your DM. Just be straight forward and explain why you want to transfer.