Should I Email or Wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanu0915

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I applied to dental schools mid-July and haven't heard back from a single one. I'm trying to take it as a good thing that I haven't gotten any rejections, but I also don't want them to just ghost me after spending $2,000+ on applications. I'd rather take a rejection than no response. Should I email them about where they are at on my application or just wait? I don't want to risk my chances and annoy them by asking and sending them a letter of interest too early. People who applied after me have gotten interviews or have heard back. Honestly, I don't know how much more anxiety about this I can handle lol.

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait. Still plenty of time. Try to find a hobby or some way to not focus on apps. You’ve submitted, now there’s nothing else to do. It’s in the hands of admissions now. It just takes time.

Hi everyone! I applied to dental schools mid-July and haven't heard back from a single one. I'm trying to take it as a good thing that I haven't gotten any rejections, but I also don't want them to just ghost me after spending $2,000+ on applications. I'd rather take a rejection than no response. Should I email them about where they are at on my application or just wait? I don't want to risk my chances and annoy them by asking and sending them a letter of interest too early. People who applied after me have gotten interviews or have heard back. Honestly, I don't know how much more anxiety about this I can handle lol.
you could fill out a full WAMC template and we could give you a better idea of your chances...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Waiting is the worst part,, especially when your friends have already heard back? It's important to double check that you haven't missed any emails and confirm that your applications were received. I once had a student who contacted me with a similar situation and it turned out there was a mistake in the process. So, it's worth double checking and asking if everything was received. Just my advice.

Wishing you the best....Nancy, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting is the worst part,, especially when your friends have already heard back? It's important to double check that you haven't missed any emails and confirm that your applications were received. I once had a student who contacted me with a similar situation and it turned out there was a mistake in the process. So, it's worth double checking and asking if everything was received. Just my advice.

Wishing you the best....Nancy, Destroyers
Thank you! I double checked and they have everything, I got all the confirmation emails that they have everything and they were going to review it, but that's the last I heard from them.

Thank you! I double checked and they have everything, I got all the confirmation emails that they have everything and they were going to review it, but that's the last I heard from them.
Then you should be okay. You’re under review. I didn’t hear back from some schools for 7 months. It happens, it sucks. But it is what it is. Good luck this cycle! Trust the process

Reactions: 1 users