Should I enter foreign experience but cannot contact to confirm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Symphony7th

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm 33 year old and a non-trad applicant. I used to work as a medical assistant about 1500 hours for a retired doctor at a private office in my native country before immigrating to the US. But his office has been closed for a long time and he also passed away last year. I wonder if I should enter this experience in my ADEA application because schools cannot contact him to confirm my hours. But I don't want to hide this experience because schools will question what I worked when living in the native country.
Did anyone get into the similar circumstance? Or have any idea to assist me?
Thank you so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

Are you planning on applying of medical or dental school?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is hard to imagine any adcom with a pulse that would want to verify past employment in this country, let alone, a foreign country.

Reactions: 3 users
My thoughts exactly... But that said, you may be okay to mention it in any essay you want, but if it's not a dental experience, you should not feel that compelled to include it. If you have concerns, then just make sure you mention in the description that the physician closed the office and has since passed away. That would hopefully prevent the extremely rare faculty member from trying to ask us admins to verify that experience.

Reactions: 1 user