Should I even try? PharmD to DO cGPA 3.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STL biotech

Reaction score
28 y/o Missouri
Nontrad: PharmD in 2016.
cGPA 3.0 or 3.1

Clinical experience: 4 years working as clinical pharmacist in the Emergency room

I have the time and energy to focus on MCAT. Question is, if I can get a decent score would I even have a realistic chance with such a paltry GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
28 y/o Missouri. PharmD in 2016, thinking about medicine since. 4 years working as clinical pharmacist in the Emergency room .

GPA was only 3.0 or 3.1...

I now have the time, energy, and savings to focus on the MCAT

Question is, if I can get a decent score would I even have a realistic chance with such a paltry GPA?

Please use the WAMC thread template so we can provide proper feedback.

Reactions: 1 user
What is your sGPA ? Do you have any clinical volunteering hours or employment with patient contact or any physician shadowing hours ?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your sGPA ? Do you have any clinical volunteering hours or employment with patient contact or any physician shadowing hours ?
Science GPA should also be 3.0 or 3.1 I only got 1 or 2 Cs in college just didnt get many As. Needed a 3.0 to keep scholarship so I just got a B in everything.

No volunteering since college.
In my current job I work with physicians, counsel and reconcile meds with patients, on the code team, go to rounds etc. Havent shadowed but could definitely set up.

If your MCAT is over 510 you could receive interviews at your Missouri state public MD schools. If you only score 500 you could receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools. Post your actual score here in the future and I can suggest schools.

Reactions: 1 user