Should I get a masters before applying?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I already have a BA and will begin some post-bacc work next spring, but i was just wondering what the general consensus was on how med schools look at masters degrees. Through my current job, I have developed a sincere interest in Bioethics and have been thinking about pursuing a masters degree concurrently with post bacc work (i only need 2 classes). so i guess my question is how does it look to med schools? and will it downplay my sincerity for medicine if I had to delay my application one more year? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Chrissy said:
Hello all,
I already have a BA and will begin some post-bacc work next spring, but i was just wondering what the general consensus was on how med schools look at masters degrees. Through my current job, I have developed a sincere interest in Bioethics and have been thinking about pursuing the masters degree concurrently with post bacc work (i only need 2 classes). so i guess my question is how does it look to med schools?
Seems like an interesting and worthwhile masters to pursue so long as it doesn't dilute your post-bac GPA :)
and will it downplay my sincerity for medicine if I had to delay my application one more year? Thanks so much!
Nope. Adcoms don't count when you apply as an indicator of "sincerity." Many people right out of college understand less about what they're getting into than people who have taken some time off and done other things. It's generally looked upon pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.