Should I give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gallivant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What prereqs have you completed?

I don't think you should give up. As long as you justify somewhere in your personal statement why you withdrew an entire semester and then show nothing but an upward trend and improvement you should be ok. You may need to take some of the prereps at a four year college, you MAY. I would speak with the schools you are looking to apply to, directly. See what they recommend. And then of course, kick ass on the DAT and get some shadowing in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like you shouldn't ever question giving up as a passionate pre dental student. I think your gpa is amazing. just take more upper level at your university if you can to show that you can excel in a 4 yrs institute too. Also, apply broadly and check with the adea book which school doesn't accept community college credits; don't bother with those. your 5 W's can always be explained. Adcoms would understand that student's life isn't perfect and mishap can occur.

What prereqs have you completed?
I finished Half of Organic Chemistry, Biology, General Chemistry, Calculus Based Physics, English, Psychology, Math and Half of Organic Chemistry in community college.

I am finishing my Organic Chemistry pre-req in University now. I will being doing Physiology, Micro, Genetics, and other upp div biology courses at University

Ws don't matter if your numbers are good. Take upper levels at your university and excel in them and you will have no problem.

TY you gave me motivation that I need for this upcoming midterm lmao.

I can't read what you wrote, but if dental school is your dream. Don't give up!