Should I go to Argosy Online or keep looking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ladybug319

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently applied to Argosy University's online program for a organizational leadership. I applied Wednesday at 1 and I received an acceptance letter Wednesday 3. I am wondering if this school is a scam. They required 3 letters of recommendations, a resume, a personal statement, and a release for my transcripts. I gave my admissions counselor an unofficial transcript also. I letter asked about fulfilling the personal statement and recommendation letters, and the reply was " We have everything we need" meaning that they did not need my personal statement that I took the time to write and my letters of recommendations. Should I keep looking ?:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely. From what I know, Argosy (not online) is a disreputable degree mill that will admit anyone who has 200k, and online "education" is garbage and a waste of time and money. From this, I'd guess Argosy online is the worst thing you could do

Hi all,
I recently applied to Argosy University's online program for a organizational leadership. I applied Wednesday at 1 and I received an acceptance letter Wednesday 3. I am wondering if this school is a scam. They required 3 letters of recommendations, a resume, a personal statement, and a release for my transcripts. I gave my admissions counselor an unofficial transcript also. I letter asked about fulfilling the personal statement and recommendation letters, and the reply was " We have everything we need" meaning that they did not need my personal statement that I took the time to write and my letters of recommendations. Should I keep looking ?:idea:

"Organizational leadership?" It prepares you to come out of a school and take over a company?! Um, yea...Come on folks...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that I/O Psych is very connection-based, so I definitely wouldn't recommend a school with a poor reputation (not that I would recommend Argosy online for any graduate program, haha).

I've heard that I/O Psych is very connection-based, so I definitely wouldn't recommend a school with a poor reputation (not that I would recommend Argosy online for any graduate program, haha).

Ditto, you are throwing your money away if you go there.

Take serious caution for any school online. I mean SERIOUS caution (don't do it!). :)

Take serious caution for any school online. I mean SERIOUS caution (don't do it!). :)

Unless you're going to an online school to earn a high school degree from an accredited program, or to learn Spanish, or to learn about Austrian economics or something, I would tend to agree.

Unless you're going to an online school to earn a high school degree from an accredited program, or to learn Spanish, or to learn about Austrian economics or something, I would tend to agree.

I agree; I think that online learning always = crap is overstating things a bit.* But not in terms of grad school in psych and most graduate education in general. There's a lot of discussion of Argosy in these threads, and the consensus, online or in-person, ain't good.

*For example, "low-residency" MFA programs in CR are gaining in credibility. I think Warren Wilson offers one and they are very well ranked for poetry.