Should I go to Cornell interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reesie0726

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview to Cornell med today. I have been accepted to Downstate and NYU. If I decide to go to the interview, that is another plane ticket and missed time for class. If you are familiar with Cornell, please post a reply of what you think about the school.

Members don't see this ad.

You should go to the Cornell interview. Screw the plane ticket $ and the missed school. Cornell is a GREAT school. I don't have personal experience, but I have heard from several people who have interviewed there and I also have a friend who goes there. Cornell/Columbia are a significant step up from NYU - In short, go to the interview and see what happens! (At least that's what I would do, IF Cornell offers me an interview ;) )

If you have an interview at such a great school, you should go. But then if you don't go, maybe they might send me an invite to interview. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you already got into YOUR first choice, then I would not go, but if you are still uncertain about which school, then definitely go. Cornell is a great school, but don't go because everyone on here says its great, go because you think its great and worth a trip to see if it fits your needs.

Congratulations for getting an interview at one of the best med schools in the country. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks for the help guys. I read Cornell's website and wanted to get some other feedback about the school. I will go to the interview and hopefully all will go well.

Cornell is a wonderful school in a good location with very supportive staff. Curricullum is PBL centered so if that's not something you're interested in then it may not be worth going to. Otherwise - a terrific option. Good luck

One thing is for sure: NYU is very stingy with financial aid while Cornell can probably give more. Given that, it might worth the $$$ to get another plane ticket. I had friends getting $15k or MORE of grants (money you don't have to pay back) per year from Penn and Duke who only got $4k per year from NYU. NYU relies heavily on loans.

The rest about Cornell has been covered by other people's posts.

I agree with several other posters, Cornell is in a really nice area and has really nice facilities relative to most schools. NYU is very expensive for most people too. I would highly recommend interviewing there.