Should I go to Pharm School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uponeverrryfar8

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to be a pharmacist, that I am sure of. But I know that I DO NOT want to work in a retail environment. I would prefer working in a hospital hopefully as a clinical pharmacist. Im also interested in nuclear pharm and working in industry.

Would it be wise to go to pharm school considering this?
 
I want to be a pharmacist, that I am sure of. But I know that I DO NOT want to work in a retail environment. I would prefer working in a hospital hopefully as a clinical pharmacist. Im also interested in nuclear pharm and working in industry.

Would it be wise to go to pharm school considering this?

Huh? Is your question "Is it wise to pursue the job I want"? Only you can answer that. Your options are go to pharm school or don't go - not wanting to work retail really only plays a small role in that decision. Yes, you are precluding the single largest employer of pharmacist, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't become a pharmacist.

You seem to be under the impression that you have to be willing to work retail if you want to be a pharmacist. Yes some of your rotations will be retail, but that doesn't mean you have to become a retail pharmacist.

Only you can answer your question.
 
I want to be a pharmacist, that I am sure of. But I know that I DO NOT want to work in a retail environment. I would prefer working in a hospital hopefully as a clinical pharmacist. Im also interested in nuclear pharm and working in industry.

Would it be wise to go to pharm school considering this?

That's like somebody saying they don't want to play baseball because they don't want to be a catcher. I.E., there are many other positions that one can play besides catcher.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to be a pharmacist

Would it be wise to go to pharm school?

6st029.gif
 
^ lmao
Have you had experience in the nuclear pharm industry? Do you know what stuff works over there?
I suggest you shadow a Nuclear Pharmacist.
Actually there is a sticky in a sub-forum somewhere of a Nuclear Pharmacist who depicts his daily work activities and posts regularly. You should look it up.