musiconcerto

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2011
I wanted to do an audition rotation in November, but it was full, so they gave me an offer to rotate in January. Thing is, their last two interview days for the 2016-2017 application cycle are 1/2/17 and 1/3/17, which are the first two days of my audition rotation. So if it's late December and I haven't heard from them about an interview, does that mean I most likely won't get one?

I'd imagine that it's going to be awkward for me doing an audition rotation if the application cycle is already over and I don't receive an interview, so I'd rather not rotate there if that's the case. Not sure if I should take this offer or just decline it. Any thoughts?

Feb 26, 2013
Status
Medical Student
You'll probably get an interview as part of the audition rotation. Unless they have specifically told you that they won't interview during audition rotations...

Ismet

PGY-almost done!
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They can easily just interview during your rotation. You're going to get familiar with the institution, residents, and program by rotating there, so there's less of a need of the whole song and dance of the "interview day" that others will be going to. Programs don't have to submit their ROLs until the end of February so there's plenty of time to interview you and review your app in time for ROL submission.

But as said above, see what they say about an interview.